8/13 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk what made them blow $2m on that guy. He can't even hit in the DSL. 

I'm willing to give him more time in a better league next year, but c'mon. The dude is struggling to hit as a 22 year old in DSL. Pretty embarrassing considering all our eggs went into that basket for the most part. What a failure of an international signing period. 

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm willing to give him more time in a better league next year, but c'mon. The dude is struggling to hit as a 22 year old in DSL. Pretty embarrassing considering all our eggs went into that basket for the most part. What a failure of an international signing period. 

Their international program is a joke. The only thing that can save them is an international draft. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Their international program is a joke. The only thing that can save them is an international draft. 

I wouldn't say a joke. Abreu and tatis jr. look to be good in the MLB and robert shows promise.

Edited by ptatc

32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I wouldn't say a joke. Abreu and tatis jr. look to be good in the MLB and robert shows promise.

Abreu and Robert don't really count(big money Cubans are a different animal) and they traded Tatis Jr. Before he got to the States. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

IIRC yes, but he got traded shortly before the draft and AZL doesn't start until mid June. 

I do not believe extended spring team is same as the AZL team. Extended spring team is all the players that end up at Great Falls and AZL after the draft but not newly drafted players. Before that they play other teams in the same area with some of those players. They are the players that are in at least their 2nd year with the Sox (but not in Kanny or above), before we add a lot of draftees as you said in June. 

Edited by MnSoxFan
added something

4 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

I do not believe extended spring team is same as the AZL team. Extended spring team is all the players that end up at Great Falls and AZL after the draft. Before that they play other teams in the same area with some of those players. They are the players that are in at least their 2nd year with the Sox likely, before we add a lot of draftees as you said in June. 

IIRC, Tatis Jr. only played for the Sox DSL team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman