8/13- Sox/Astros Doubleheader, 3:40

flavum

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sure....Robert first, Yoan 2nd, Vaughn 3rd, Eloy 4th, Timmy 7th, Madrigal 9th is my dream if they can meet expectations

That wastes a lot of Madrigal’s fundamentals having a catcher on base in front of him.

Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Vaughn, Jimenez....Anderson 7th or 9th.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Four hits, zero runs...

Yeah, remember one game where Flowers got called on the Posey Rule and at the time there was just no way you could ever tag out a baserunner if you followed it 100%.  

Harrelson was livid, naturally.

I believe that game was on August 13th, 2014, which coincidentally is 5 years ago exactly. 

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That wastes a lot of Madrigal’s fundamentals having a catcher on base in front of him.

Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Vaughn, Jimenez....Anderson 7th or 9th.

Madrigal, Moncada, Robert,  Sheets, Vaughn,  Collins,  jimenez, Walker, Anderson

OBP, Speed and Power!!!  Try to pitch around that lineup.  

Since I think Ricky is going to be around awhile, trying to give him that Lefty-Righty balance he seems to crave :cool:

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Madrigal, Moncada, Robert,  Sheets, Vaughn,  Collins,  jimenez, Walker, Anderson

Since I think Ricky is going to be around awhile, trying to give him that Lefty-Righty balance he seems to crave :cool:

I get that this is a strict R-L-R thing but if Eloy Jimenez is batting 7th long-term then we might as well pack up and start over 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I really hope we go outside to supplement the offense. I don’t think Sheets and Walker are big league starters.

Just now, wegner said:

We do need that LH Lillian bat there to break up the middle of the order...just not sure we can pencil in Sheets quite yet.  

Walker seems at least 50/50 at this point.

Just now, fathom said:

I really hope we go outside to supplement the offense. I don’t think Sheets and Walker are big league starters.

You already have come to that conclusion on Walker? Any reason? Was promoted to A+ (yea  I know still a ways away) and is showing a solid hit tool with very low strikeout rates. The power isn't there yet, but he's flashing some speed and playing CF. I think there is potential there. I do agree about Sheets.