8/13- Sox/Astros Doubleheader, 3:40

flavum

23 minutes ago, Baker said:

Hahn has made plenty of bad decisions, but the dumbest was taking this job in the first place. I think he had other suitors. How could he think working under Jerry and Kenny would work out well. 

Hahn is not suited for sports.

He would make a fine senior executive in a Fortune 100 company. 

All that education is going to waste.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Considering the lack of power the Sox have, it’s embarrassing how much they strike out. It’s an organizational issue though, just like so many other things.

I would expect nothing else with the current roster. it why it's called a rebuild. 

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

A couple other teams already poached their FO staff last season, so you're getting guys who have only been at the higher levels for a year or so.

So you say that to say what - given what we have now ?

Kenny-Hahn have been at it for years?

Would you hire either of them to run your organization ?

I sure wouldn't

Edited by GradMc

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

at this point in the rebuild the Astros were losing 100 games each season. I bet you weren't saying this then.

The Astros could have only dreamed to have Sale, Q and Eaton to trade. It’s really not a good comparison.  I can’t imagine how bleak it would be without those assets to jump start things.

12 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The Astros, not the Cubs are who I like to see the Sox pattern their organization after.

Sad that a charter member of MLB has to take a back seat to anyone. Teams should be aspiring to emulate us.

Gotta have the right ownership with the vision and financial where-with-all to get it done.

Astros would be the first place I would look for a president of baseball operations.

You are correct, but it will NEVER HAPPEN!

15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

at this point in the rebuild the Astros were losing 100 games each season. I bet you weren't saying this then.

The White Sox have zero in common with the astros, there  drafting has been horible, there signing of international players except for robert has been garbage, and they have shown no ability to find talent from other teams.

16 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

The White Sox have zero in common with the astros, there  drafting has been horible, there signing of international players except for robert has been garbage, and they have shown no ability to find talent from other teams.

The Astros whiffed on two number 1 overall picks lol.

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They only wiffed on one.  Brady Aiken didn't sign because of an injury and the compensation pick turned into a fella named Alex Bregman.  

I agree with this train of thought. Given that Aiken never did anything and has battled injuries, I think they made the correct choice there. Idk how they messed up on Appel/Bryant.