8/14- Sox vs Astros, 1:10, WGN

flavum

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Seriously, there's an argument to be made that he's literally the worst pitcher in MLB. I would rather see anybody from the AAA pen 

Shit I'd rather see Vieira, control issues and all. I'd like them to give him another look. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Osich still being there is more of a result of Hamilton being cursed this year, Burr having TJS and Burdi being toast.

I hope that Burdi has taught them to never pick a college reliever in the 1st 2 rounds again. That pick should have been Dane Dunning. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hope that Burdi has taught them to never pick a college reliever in the 1st 2 rounds again. That pick should have been Dane Dunning. 

You do realize Dunning was a reliever most of his collegian career right? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

For all the incessant complaining about him, you wouldn't think that Eloy is on a 39 HR/162 game pace in his rookie year. 

Anybody complaining about Eloy has rocks in the head. S.U.P.E.R.S.T.A.R

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

You do realize Dunning was a reliever most of his collegian career right? 

Yes, but he started his Junior year. It's different if they think a guy can start. Never was the case with Burdi. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, but he started his Junior year. 

Actually he didn't. He started more as a sophomore. He was a reliever his junior season. The Nationals then turned him into a starter again once drafted. Remember that was what the Sox were going to do with Burdi before deciding against it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Actually he didn't. He started more as a sophomore. He was a reliever his junior season. The Nationals then turned him into a starter again once drafted. Remember that was what the Sox were going to do with Burdi before deciding against it.

You better be 100% certain a guy can start if you're taking him that high.