8/14- Sox vs Astros, 1:10, WGN

flavum

11 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

First time everyone in the lineup is hitting > .200 since May 3.

* I haven't verified the date but assume it to be true.

Nope.  Happened yesterday.  I made a post to that effect. (Q:  What's wrong with this lineup?  A:  Nobody in it is batting under .200)

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because guys with elite cutters tend to hone in on that pitch after a while. 

He could still mix it in every now and then during at bats when the fastball and cutter aren't enough to get a hitter out. I thought that AB vs. Springer was the perfect time to break it out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He could still mix it in every now and then during at bats when the fastball and cutter aren't enough to get a hitter out. 

As a reliever, a third pitch is really risky because if you dont have a feel for it you've just blown the game. You dont have innings to find the feel.

For whatever reason the cutter tends to hurt relievers off speed offerings. It's why cutter first relievers dont really mix in off speed stuff nearly at the rate that other relievers do.

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Colome has a nasty changeup that I have no idea why he doesn't use more. He's barely thrown it this season. 

He is saving it for when the games really matter next year, Jack.

33 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

The Sox also won the season series versus the World Champion Red Sox last year.

They seem to rise to the competition quite a bit.  If they were going to play the Royals next, probably lose the series.