8/14- Sox vs Astros, 1:10, WGN

flavum

Just need 8 more wins to match last year's record.  Should be a piece of cake.  They can lose 3 of every 4 games for the next 32 games and they would tie last year's mark----and still have 11 games left to improve on it.

I, for one don't think these are meaningless games.  I think it's paramount for this franchise to show some improvement from last year, just to show that the rebuild is working.  Damn going for a top 5 pick.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Action in practically every inning.   Any kid going to this game as his first is probably hooked for life.  That's how Sox fans get made.

I thought it happened when the daddy Sox fan drinks several 312s and mommy Sox fan makes animal noises behind the closed door with him...

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I thought it happened when the daddy Sox fan drinks several 312s and mommy Sox fan makes animal noises behind the closed door with him...

It has been a while since my high school Bio class, but I think one of those people can be a Cubs fan, so long as they have recessive Sox fandom from their own parents?

55 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Just need 8 more wins to match last year's record.  Should be a piece of cake.  They can lose 3 of every 4 games for the next 32 games and they would tie last year's mark----and still have 11 games left to improve on it.

I, for one don't think these are meaningless games.  I think it's paramount for this franchise to show some improvement from last year, just to show that the rebuild is working.  Damn going for a top 5 pick.

At some point you stop making your team worse to make it better. People who are caught up in rebuild fever and fantasy leagues may not agree.

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

What a great victory. Once again a lot of individual stars. McCann cements his season as a resounding success with that granny. Eloy and Abreu and Timmy. My gawd he is good. There's so much talent on this team there just has to be a season we finish over .500 one of these days. Hahn should be having a blast getting this team to win ASAP cause he has the core players in place. Love the way (for the most part) the Sox have played at home. Had some very nice wins in another horrid season. Let's motivate Mr. Hahn to get it done soon.

7 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

Ricky's on it.