8/14- Sox vs Astros, 1:10, WGN

flavum

7 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Sorry why do you think that?

I was thinking of detwiler in particular. Seems like the Sox have done this a bunch this season. Get a couple lucky starts, watch the bad player be bad for a bit, then finally get rid of the player for a  new rando after a big blow up. 

I love to watch Timmy run the bases...can't wait to see the highlight of his 1st triple of the season.  To echo the other sentiments...I am shocked he didn't have a triple when he was player of the month.

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I'm watching the game with sound off in a meeting. Anyone willing to give me an explanation of how the hell that became a ground rule double? 

An idiotic replay system that finds new and exciting ways to screw up games 

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I'm watching the game with sound off in a meeting. Anyone willing to give me an explanation of how the hell that became a ground rule double? 

Seems the RF doesn't have to make any signal that it was lodged, despite immediately playing the ball, for it to be overruled as a ground rule double.  Or thats what I gleaned from Jason's befuddled explanation.

10 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Seems the RF doesn't have to make any signal that it was lodged, despite immediately playing the ball, for it to be overruled as a ground rule double.  Or thats what I gleaned from Jason's befuddled explanation.

Now the question should be what if they threw out one of the runners? Would the runner be safe cause the ball is considered dead?

Rule 5.05(a)(7)

(7) Any fair ball which, either before or after touching the ground, passes through or under a fence, or through or under a scoreboard, or through any opening in the fence or scoreboard, or through or under shrubbery, or vines on the fence, or which sticks in a fence or scoreboard, in which case the batter and the runners shall be entitled to two bases;

2019 Official Baseball Rules

I believe the two bases are defined from the point where the runners were when the pitch was thrown.

Edited by skooch
Clarification