8/14- Sox vs Astros, 1:10, WGN

flavum

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

So McCann caught the second game yesterday and should sit today while Wellington showed again what a disaster he is....oh and he will bat 4th again for some odd reason.

McCann is catching....and Castillo is at DH.  Yay!!

Edited by smalls2598

58 minutes ago, smalls2598 said:

McCann is catching....and Castillo is at DH.  Yay!!

1. Jon Jay (L) RF
2. Tim Anderson (R) SS
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. James McCann (R) C
5. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
6. Welington Castillo (R) DH
7. Ryan Goins (L) 3B
8. Adam Engel (R) CF
9. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 2B

How is this not a fireable offense for ricky here? 

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Ryan Cordell is not good but he is a better DH option than Wellington Castillo......this is mindblowing.

Almost as bad as Castillo batting ahead of Eloy yesterday.

I wish Cordell would get better quickly.  He has lots of what we need with his glove, speed and power.  Just lacks that little something that the good players have.

28 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I wish Cordell would get better quickly.  He has lots of what we need with his glove, speed and power.  Just lacks that little something that the good players have.

This is the case with 98.9% of outfield prospects (supposedly possessing at least 3-5 tools)...read up on Billy Beane, for example (albeit much more highly-regarded than Cordell.)

So much of it is mental/psychological.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I thought Tilson provided a bit of a spark when he was in the lineup, although Cordell is better defensively.

Just now, SouthWallace said:

Nice to see the Astros fuck around on D for a change.

What's also nice, Miley isnt exactly acing our guys. A lot of low and in sliders to righties (away to lefties) and he's falling behind a lot, forcing him to throw soft stuff down the middle. Our guys are hitting it

• Like 1