8/14 Games

flavum

Laureano homer. OPS now near 1.000 for year, he's also nearly 20 (turns 20 in october). Hard to know what sox think of this guy.

Yolbert giving us the ole Yolbert 0-2.

DSL slash 244/.334/.346

Last year of Cuba slash: .260 / .297 /. 302

I am yearnin for yolbert.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Laureano homer. OPS now near 1.000 for year, he's also nearly 20 (turns 20 in october). Hard to know what sox think of this guy.

Baseball-Reference says he's 18, turning 19 in October?

Also, is he related to the other Laureano? 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Baseball-Reference says he's 18, turning 19 in October?

Also, is he related to the other Laureano? 

You are right, if someone was is born in 2000, and their birthday is in october, that makes them 18 turning 19.

Good ole math. 

Still, the lack of an AZL 2 squad in a year they actually drafted HSers  has made some log jams for some nice years in DSL. Look forward to him coming stateside next year.

44 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I personally am higher on Laureano than Bailey, but both are intriguing. While Bailey is a full year younger and has great eye, Laureano plays CF. I’d be interested to hear more on their defensive profile.

Bailey has played some CF at least.

I think repeating DSL should raise some skepticism with Laureano, especially when so much of that class graduated to AZL.

• Like 1

I don't have the time or inclination, but would be interesting to know the stats posted by Rutherford, Sheets, and Gonzalez when Robert and/or Madrigal were in the Barons lineup compared to when they weren't.  Seems like they were all crap in April and May, caught fire in June and July when those two were around, and are crap again.

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

I don't have the time or inclination, but would be interesting to know the stats posted by Rutherford, Sheets, and Gonzalez when Robert and/or Madrigal were in the Barons lineup compared to when they weren't.  Seems like they were all crap in April and May, caught fire in June and July when those two were around, and are crap again.

I think that definitely applies to Rutherford, but Sheets has still been pretty decent, and Gonzalez actually got on a hot streak as soon as they left. 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Bailey has played some CF at least.

I think repeating DSL should raise some skepticism with Laureano, especially when so much of that class graduated to AZL.

The dude looks massive, probably even bigger than his listed size. He’s potentially a 1B/DH down the road (that said, even getting a bat first player at this point is a big win for the LatAm program)

Laureano didn’t graduate because it wasn’t justified, but it’s not out of the ordinary for kids at his age to adjust and improve and become legit prospects.

Until there is better scouting report, I’d go with the kid who could hit and play CF.

Collins now 3/3 with a HR.  Prior to tonight’s game, here are his stats since his demotion:

• 15.1% BB rate, 19.4% K rate, .227 ISO, .320/.430/.547/.977, .375 BABIP, 149 wRC+

Obviously that BABIP is running a bit high, but otherwise his numbers have really taken a turn for the best.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Collins now 3/3 with a HR.  Prior to tonight’s game, here are his stats since his demotion:

• 15.1% BB rate, 19.4% K rate, .227 ISO, .320/.430/.547/.977, .375 BABIP, 149 wRC+

Obviously that BABIP is running a bit high, but otherwise his numbers have really taken a turn for the best.

Don't tell Keith Law.

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

The dude looks massive, probably even bigger than his listed size. He’s potentially a 1B/DH down the road (that said, even getting a bat first player at this point is a big win for the LatAm program)

Laureano didn’t graduate because it wasn’t justified, but it’s not out of the ordinary for kids at his age to adjust and improve and become legit prospects.

Until there is better scouting report, I’d go with the kid who could hit and play CF.

Yep, give me the CF kid Laureano too.

• Like 1