8/14 Games

flavum

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Good clip, he looks huge compared to others on the field. Doesn’t have the smoothiest running motion due to size, once he fills out his frame, if you think he will stick to OF after the first few years of his career, good for you.

Alex Rios was 6'5 and played a decent CF. It isn't unheard of. Penciling the guy in as a DH when he can currently play CF is silly. 

• Like 2

Except Rios was 6’5 210 in his prime and 6’5 180 when he was drafted, this kid is already 6’4 215 at 17 and putting on more weight, and likely another inch of growth. He’s played most games at LF and only a handful at other spots. It’s not like he’s being blocked other legit prospects at CF/RF, the fact he’s not spending more time there suggests something.

None of us have seen him play other than that one clip, I am projecting based him body type, age, and his position right now, and the chances are higher that he moves to a less premium position than more premium position as he fills out. I don’t know how that is debatable, unless anyone has better scouting reports.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Collins since demotion:

22 G 

99 PA

.350/.455/.638. 1.092 OPS. 175 wRC+. 15.2 BB%. 18.2 K%. .390 BABIP.

For the record I have him at a .306 BABIP over that span, but have the same numbers for everything else. Not sure where you got .390?