And That's a McCann Slam White Sox Winner!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

James McCann went 2 for 5 including an 8th inning Grand Slam to break a 9 all tie and propel the Sox to a 13-9 victory in the rubber match of the 3 game series with the Astros.

Eloy Jimenez also went 2 for 5 with a double and a solo HR, his 20th of the season.

Tim Anderson went 4 for 5 with an RBI.

Colome got the win with 1.2 shutout innings,

Each team collected 15 hits.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

McCann's slam was special. It is the crowning blow in his amazing season. Is he really only making $2.5 million this year? It's a no brainer to sign him for next year. He and Collins should split time and Collins can wait his turn to be the main guy like Karko did. 

Timmy! Eloy is so special it's unfair to the rest of baseball! Abreu another multi hit/RBI game. I tell you I wonder sometimes why we're not over .500. We've got some good players.

If we keep McCann (2 years 24 million) and Abreu (2 years 26 million) we have the leadership part taken care of. Our young guys are all cheap. Hahn needs to prove he's a great GM, figure out what we need and acquire it in free agency to start winning big in 2020. No need to waste such talent some of these players possess!

At any rate in this winners thread ... hail to Eloy, McCann, Tim Anderson, Castillo, Abreu as well as Colome. Just.Win.Baby.In.2020

As we all predicted, the Sox take the series from Houston.

lmao there has to be some extremely salty Houston fans saying some shit like "this team can't beat the lowly white Sox imagine when they get to the playoffs"

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lmao there has to be some extremely salty Houston fans saying some shit like "this team can't beat the lowly white Sox imagine when they get to the playoffs"

I’d love to rent a billboard downtown Houston on the expressway that just says “2005”.  Maybe the full date?  Open to ideas!  What do you think it should say?

58 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh there are some pissed off Astros fans on tigerdroppings.  They hate Reddick, Chirinos and their training staff.

Edited by fathom

Really nice offensive game.  Eloy's blast was another mammoth shot...no way it was only 434.  McCann's slam was perfect.  I wish I had been able watch the game vs. following it on Yahoo and then searching Twitter for clips.  But, this team continues to show glimpses of what it can (and will) be.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I want to be just like them.

Can you imagine the reaction on this board if this happened. People were rioting when this Sox team lost the series to the Marlins. Imagine the posts if they were in first and one of the best teams and lost a series to a rebuilding team.

NASCAR time!

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Can you imagine the reaction on this board if this happened. People were rioting when this Sox team lost the series to the Marlins. Imagine the posts if they were in first and one of the best teams and lost a series to a rebuilding team.

NASCAR time!

Yeah...overreaction seems to be the order of the day around here.

A little credit to KRC (KenRickCoop) for signing and maximizing the pitching skills of one Ivan Nova. I know it would be un-pc to wonder if maybe he is a warm-weather pitcher. I have not heard whether he made any changes in recent weeks. As some know the phrase no va means does not work or does not run in Spanish which is not a good name for a car. I would expect to see Ivan here next year as SP's are always needed. I could not help but notice Monday that the 'Stros had only one Latino in their lineup which would be unusual compared to our guys. I like that our team is known for their Cuban pipeline and may it continue to prosper.  

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

A little credit to KRC (KenRickCoop) for signing and maximizing the pitching skills of one Ivan Nova. I know it would be un-pc to wonder if maybe he is a warm-weather pitcher. I have not heard whether he made any changes in recent weeks. As some know the phrase no va means does not work or does not run in Spanish which is not a good name for a car. I would expect to see Ivan here next year as SP's are always needed. I could not help but notice Monday that the 'Stros had only one Latino in their lineup which would be unusual compared to our guys. I like that our team is known for their Cuban pipeline and may it continue to prosper.  

Monday August 12th  Altuve, Venezuela ;Correa and Maldonado Puerto Rico:; Gurriel, Diaz and Alvarez, Cuba, I count 6. What exactly were you counting ?

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Monday August 12th  Altuve, Venezuela ;Correa and Maldonado Puerto Rico:; Gurriel, Diaz and Alvarez, Cuba, I count 6. What exactly were you counting ?

Ha wrong team. The A's lineup for one game only had Profar. Certainly not Houston. Thought that was unusual and counter to the MLB trend.

9 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...overreaction seems to be the order of the day around here.

You can't react enough about the 2019 Sox losing 4 in a row to Kansas City, one of the worst teams imaginable. No hyperbole it ranks as one of the worst series in modern White Sox history. To go 0-4 vs. that bunch ... wow. It shows how truly bad this Sox team can be when it wants to be.