8/15 Games

BamaDoc

26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It shouldn't matter though. DSL is a worse league than Serie Nacional in Cuba. They say the Cuban League is somewhere between A+ and AA. 

While that may be true (I believe it's closer to rookie ball, maybe A- as I posted this before here but I'll have to double check) not playing for 18 months is a really long time. Now having said that, I'm on record in saying his bat will likely never catch the glove (his profile reminds me of Yrizarri). But we'll see what he does with (hopefully) more advanced analytics and coaching with the Sox when he's stateside.

Edited by SoxAce

This would normally be the point where I'd say I'm a bit concerned about Vaughn, but I've done this long enough to know to take draft year stats with a massive grain of salt. He should start 2020 in Winston-Salem. 

(Maybe I should give Yolbert Sanchez the same benefit of the doubt but A+ is way better than DSL) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This would normally be the point where I'd say I'm a bit concerned about Vaughn, but I've done this long enough to know to take draft year stats with a massive grain of salt. He should start 2020 in Winston-Salem. 

(Maybe I should give Yolbert Sanchez the same benefit of the doubt but A+ is way better than DSL) 

Even if this wasn’t his draft year, why would you be concerned? He’s played a whopping 13 games in A+ with an OPS of .842, and he has more walks than strike outs. 

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Huh....?

.842 OPS in A+ , what exactly would you be concerned about?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Huh....?

.842 OPS in A+ , what exactly would you be concerned about?

That's not good enough for a 1B only bat. He was supposed to be the best college hitter since Kris Bryant.  A .900 OPS should be bare minimum at every level. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Why even post this? It's like you are legit asking for an argument.. a silly one at that. 

• Thanks 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Why even post this? It's like you are legit asking for an argument.. a silly one at that. 

I'm not, but I'm honestly concerned if he's not hitting at least .300 with a .900 OPS at every minor league level. It's really hard to justify that pick if he's not making a mockery of the minors. He should look a lot like Luis Robert has this year, without the Triples. If he doesn't have a 2019 Robert-esque season next year I'll be concerned. He has little margin for error with the bat. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not, but I'm honestly concerned if he's not hitting at least .300 with a .900 OPS at every minor league level. It's really hard to justify that pick if he's not making a mockery of the minors. 

The guy has played a ton of baseball this year. It's obvious he's tired. The power isn't quite there like it was earlier, but he is so dangerous he's getting pitched around quite a bit down there.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not, but I'm honestly concerned if he's not hitting at least .300 with a .900 OPS at every minor league level. It's really hard to justify that pick if he's not making a mockery of the minors. He should look a lot like Luis Robert has this year, without the Triples. If he doesn't have a 2019 Robert-esque season next year I'll be concerned. He has little margin for error with the bat. 

He’s played 13 games only at A+ 

• Love 6

22 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yoelvin Silven, the 20 year old Dominican, goes 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB 9 SO. 

Kid only has 5 walks all year in AZL. 

Damn it you always beat me to it.

never noticed this guy, adding him to the pitcher follow list (currently 3 deep)

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Damn it you always beat me to it.

never noticed this guy, adding him to the pitcher follow list (currently 3 deep)

Who are your other 2? I'm assuming the 16 year old (Guzman) is one of them..??

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Who are your other 2? I'm assuming the 16 year old (Guzman) is one of them..??

Yeah and stiever. The others are just a pleasant surprise if I remember. Martin is entertaining. Reliever wise basically only Perez is doing anything for me.