8/15 Games

BamaDoc

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah and stiever. The others are just a pleasant surprise if I remember. Martin is entertaining. Reliever wise basically only Perez is doing anything for me.

Yea Stiever I was on that train for a while.

But same thing about Martin. He's a fun follow as he reminds me of good Rex, bad Rex in his outings. I always post about that guy every outing he has. Another guy I like alot who doesnt get enough love (even from FS) is Bilous who pitched tonight. 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

With that win, the Knights are now a half game back of a wild card spot for the playoffs. Only 3 back of 1st in their division I believe. 

I don't want Robert, Madrgal, Collins, promoted yet.   I actually like watching Charlotte more than the White Sox. 

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't want Robert, Madrgal, Collins, promoted yet.   I actually like watching Charlotte more than the White Sox. 

Same. It's too bad Detwiler is pitching adequately now. He would be very helpful for the Knights right now. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This would normally be the point where I'd say I'm a bit concerned about Vaughn, but I've done this long enough to know to take draft year stats with a massive grain of salt. He should start 2020 in Winston-Salem. 

(Maybe I should give Yolbert Sanchez the same benefit of the doubt but A+ is way better than DSL) 

WTF? Vaughn has like an .860 OPS in High A after playing a college season. He's fine and will and should start in AA. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If you’re worried about Vaughn’s minor league performance thus far, you’d be having a panic attack with what Rutschman has done thus far.

Or Witt.

i am really impressed with Abrams’ moving to single A though.

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

Or Witt.

i am really impressed with Abrams’ moving to single A though.

Our prospect Jose Rodriguez is having a better season than Witt Jr. in the same league and is nearly a full year younger (11 months). Not saying he's a better prospect at all, but it is fun to look at. 

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not, but I'm honestly concerned if he's not hitting at least .300 with a .900 OPS at every minor league level. It's really hard to justify that pick if he's not making a mockery of the minors. He should look a lot like Luis Robert has this year, without the Triples. If he doesn't have a 2019 Robert-esque season next year I'll be concerned. He has little margin for error with the bat. 

13 games....step away from the ledge my man.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This would normally be the point where I'd say I'm a bit concerned about Vaughn, but I've done this long enough to know to take draft year stats with a massive grain of salt. He should start 2020 in Winston-Salem. 

(Maybe I should give Yolbert Sanchez the same benefit of the doubt but A+ is way better than DSL) 

His wRC+ is 140. Leagues matter Jack. 

He's actually been really unlucky on his way to that 140 too.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pretty much guaranteed I would think.

What's the difference between him and Madrigal/Robert? It seems like Vaughn is on a similar path as those two guys, just a year behind. Both of them started in A+ this year.

Is it just because of how advanced they feel Vaughn's bat is?  Or will Vaughn be getting more time in A+ this year than Madrigal got last year? I can't remember.

Edited by SoxBlanco

28 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

What's the difference between him and Madrigal/Robert. It seems like Vaughn is on a similar path as those two guys, just a year behind. Both of them started in A+ this year.

Is it just because of how advanced they feel Vaughn's bat is?  Or will Vaughn be getting more time in A+ this year than Madrigal got last year? I can't remember.

Yeah to be honest I wouldn't be that shocked if they re-started him in A+.