8/16 Games

Jose Abreu

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

A big league CF is camped under that ball.  

Lol complete nonsense. Your anti madrigal stuff is nauseating at this point.

The CF'er took a slightly rounded path to the ball but he did not break in, nor was he slow to break off the bat. He took a route that wasnt 100% efficient but he has good speed and really had no wasted movement in. On balls hit right at you in center, you will naturally take a rounded route because of the angle the ball is coming at you.

Was it a perfect route? No. Was it a route that a lot of centerfielders including big leaguers take to that ball? Absolutely.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sure, he’s never going to hit double digit homers. It’s fine, but he also can’t get robbed on flares because the outfielders are playing him like a pitcher.

I would disagree that he'll "never" hit double digit Homer's. 10 Homer's in the modern game just isn't many.

If he does what Altuve did and works on pulling his pitch with authority more often he could easily run into 10 pulled Homer's a year as he matures.

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol complete nonsense. Your anti madrigal stuff is nauseating at this point.

The CF'er took a slightly rounded path to the ball but he did not break in, nor was he slow to break off the bat. He took a route that wasnt 100% efficient but he has good speed and really had no wasted movement in. On balls hit right at you in center, you will naturally take a rounded route because of the angle the ball is coming at you.

Was it a perfect route? No. Was it a route that a lot of centerfielders including big leaguers take to that ball? Absolutely.

Do you think the guy they're playing tonight will let a routine fly ball drop before the warning track?

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Do you think the guy they're playing tonight will let a routine fly ball drop before the warning track?

If he's playing extremely shallow like that? Yes, I do.

Can you please review that guys route and explain to me how someone would be "camped" under that ball playing at that depth. I'd love to hear it. Maybe buxton, hamilton and kiermaier. 

Theres nothing routine about a ball hit on the line to center, right over a cf'ers head. It is by far the most difficult play to judge and read in the outfield. There is not a close second. Leury breaks in CONSTANTLY on balls hit at him.

Trout is a nice but far from great defensive outfielder.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If he's playing extremely shallow like that? Yes, I do.

Can you please review that guys route and explain to me how someone would be "camped" under that ball playing at that depth. I'd love to hear it. Maybe buxton, hamilton and kiermaier. 

Theres nothing routine about a ball hit on the line to center, right over a cf'ers head. It is by far the most difficult play to judge and read in the outfield. There is not a close second. Leury breaks in CONSTANTLY on balls hit at him.

Trout is a nice but far from great defensive outfielder.

That ball was not hit on a line and was not directly over his head.  His reaction time was extrememly slow and his first three steps were to his right.   I don't even know what the hell that feeble lunge was all about. It was a pathetic attempt and he probably faked the injury to try and save some embarrassment (it didn't work).

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That ball was not hit on a line and was not directly over his head.  His reaction time was extrememly slow and his first three steps were to his right.   I don't even know what the hell that feeble lunge was all about. It was a pathetic attempt and he probably faked the injury to try and save some embarrassment (it didn't work).

It was in the air for just under 5 seconds and it was hit 390ish feet. 

The centerfielder literally broke right away on that video. I'm not sure why I'm carrying on this conversation. Your anti-madrigal act is just tiring.

I will never understand what makes a fan ridicule and rip a player who is succeeding and working his ass off: while having a great attitude and overcoming significant limitations to get where he is. Its honestly baffling. You will rip madrigal his entire career regardless of what he achieves. That's safe to say at this point.

Fake the injury lol. Good stuff.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It was in the air for just under 5 seconds and it was hit 390ish feet. 

The centerfielder literally broke right away on that video. I'm not sure why I'm carrying on this conversation. Your anti-madrigal act is just tiring.

I will never understand what makes a fan ridicule and rip a player who is succeeding and working his ass off: while having a great attitude and overcoming significant limitations to get where he is. Its honestly baffling. You will rip madrigal his entire career regardless of what he achieves. That's safe to say at this point.

Fake the injury lol. Good stuff.

I'm just giving my opinion on a baseball player.  I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings.