The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again

Heads22

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I don't think last year's Giolito is what he is now or will see going forward, of course not. 

But I don't think the Giolito we saw the first half of the season will be the Gio we see going forward either, for whatever reason I don't know. I think that was aberration.

I think the one we see now is the one we're gonna see the rest of his time with the Sox. Not spectacular like he was earlier this season, but a good solid, smart pitcher who takes the ball and most of the time gives you a chance to win and will get you around 14 wins a year. 

Do you agree?

Gavin Floyd was the comp throughout last season...solid 2/3.

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Usually during a pitching change, the analytic teams would have the iPad out to look at the stats, numbers, etc. Didn't see it from the Sox there.

We really need to clean house on the entire coaching staff.  Every other team is evolving, getting younger, and using analytics.  Meanwhile, the Sox are staying in the Stone Age of baseball strategy with Ricky, Coop, and the gang.  Ricky and Coop go by their gut, not statistics.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Also, what you said about Steele Walker in RF and then moving Eloy to DH does make sense. If Eloy isn't showing marked improvement on defense by mid-next year, you're right. Have to really start looking at moving him to DH as Abreu (really actually does) starts to decline. But in the mean time, give him a chance to improve. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

We really need to clean house on the entire coaching staff.  Every other team is evolving, getting younger, and using analytics.  Meanwhile, the Sox are staying in the Stone Age of baseball strategy with Ricky, Coop, and the gang.  Ricky and Coop go by their gut, not statistics.

[vilehoopster dislikes this poster]

10 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Fixed it for you.

Yea but 14 for his last 20 against the Sox ,the stat I saw last night, is just  a little bit better than his average killing.

Edit_ I posted this before I even saw he just homered.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Trout was looking for something offspeed that entire sequence. Giolito could've threw a fastball down the middle to strike him out.

Trout just proved he is a smarter than McCann there.

Edited by SoxAce