The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again

Heads22

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Much of what he does is schtick , It's his act .

No doubt, he plays it up... But I've listened to him do this for years on college basketball games. 

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

No doubt, he plays it up... But I've listened to him do this for years on college basketball games. 

Yeah but he knows basketball and has basketball stories. He seemed to know about as much about baseball as my wife.

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I doubt he cares.  He doesn't need this.

I guess my point is that it’s sad that some stoner dude with some funny comments and stories is as much or more enjoyable than a former major leaguer with legitimate insights into the game.  I think the biggest difference was that there was no dead air like we are used to hearing with both Hawk and Stone.

Walton's call on the final out is one of the greatest moments in broadcast history. So enthusiastic after being an enthusiastic nut the entire game. This call belongs in the baseball Hall of Fame. The last out of Sox vs. Angels, Bill Walton color debut Aug. 16, 2019: Priceless! here's what Bill said, taking over for Benetti on the call:

"That;'s a strike. The game is over. The White Sox win. Print the banner. Line up the parade. Michigan Avenue on the Studs Terkel bridge Division Street. Let's go."

Yes Walton said all that. Loved it all. What a precious evening.

• Like 1

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/mike-trout-ties-career-high-with-41-home-runs.html

To go back to what some of us were saying about Eloy's arm strength, that was suppose to be Trout's weakest thing about him. The guy has worked extremely hard on it and now has a very respectable arm in the outfield. I wonder if the Sox can incorporate something similar with Eloy in his training in the offseason. 

• Like 1

Willing to bet that ElJay is a better RF. Just like Adam Eaton. Eloy has the mental makeup to be successful but he likes to clown around and have fun. He might surprise some people. 

7 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I guess my point is that it’s sad that some stoner dude with some funny comments and stories is as much or more enjoyable than a former major leaguer with legitimate insights into the game.  I think the biggest difference was that there was no dead air like we are used to hearing with both Hawk and Stone.

Dead air is good air a lot of times. This isnt radio, you are watching the game.

7 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is an awful point.  It wasn't more enjoyable than Hawk and Stone, it was a one time novelty.  If that happened for 162 game season people would want to murder Walton by game 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2