The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again

Heads22

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Straight laced IBM pencil pusher with pocket protector and 1960’s black horned rim glasses?

No no no more like military, howie long type flat top . Of course as kids it was more like equal length all the way around, Doubt my dad knew how to do a flat top or would even try . Was just easier to vroom the whole head like using a lawnmower.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Nah, I follow him. 

Bill Walton is spewing a bunch of nonsense. 

When I took calculus, it seemed like a bunch of nonsense until I could understand it.

Nice shot, pretty well thought up. But really, calculus is cold, hard math. Analytics is using biased math to justify opinion. 

Mark Twain: There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep most guys who are this bad at catching the ball at least have great arms

Eloy literally has a lollipop arch on his throws to the cutoff man.  He needs to try lifting some weights.  Good thing he has a nice swing because his upper body / arms are weak.

Just now, bubba phillips said:

Didn't somebody post just a couple of games ago that his fielding was improving?  Must have meant somebody else.

He wasn’t nearly dying on the field, so that was an improvement.  He’s playing fly balls poorly on a consistent basis again

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Eloy literally has a lollipop arch on his throws to the cutoff man.  He needs to try lifting some weights.  Good thing he has a nice swing because his upper body / arms are weak.

70 mph top velocity

Now they’ll have to bring back Giolito’s brother because he hardly got a word in edgewise...the funny thing is he left the home of acting in Hollywood to get away from his family name out there by going all the way to Wales.

Usain Bolt compared to Wellington Castillo?

Beach nakedness?  Yosemite Falls?  But he hasn’t seen The Naked Gun?

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Didn't somebody post just a couple of games ago that his fielding was improving?  Must have meant somebody else.

No stat will ever convince me of that, having watched most of his games.  He is awful.  Misreads the ball off the bat, takes poor routes to the ball, obviously has no quickness or makeup speed to get to a ball that he has already misplayed, and has the worst outfield arm in the majors.

He is a DH, period.  And that’s fine, at least he won’t injure himself in the outfield again.  Two times is enough for one season.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2