Machado do-over

Flash

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Avi Garcia was let go and signed for 3 million dollars. Wil Myers has 80 million dollars over the next 4 years. What are you rambling about? 

The padres would have to give 50%? How is 40 million equal to 3 million? 

Um, yes it's an open and shut case that ozuna is significantly better than myers.

And Avi will get only $3 million from the White Sox to play RF next year, problem solved.

Great analysis!

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Its just hilarious. He says that Ozuna is going to demand 80 million, and that needs to be considered when judging him vs myers. Yet myers costs 80 million over the next 4 years too... and myers has 1/2 the career WAR of Ozuna through the exact same age so how the shit are those two even comparable?

Can you even read?

Divide that by two?  That’s 50%.

Then the Myers contract for a historical 2 fWAR player at age 28 at least becomes something to talk about.

Nowhere in this thread have I mentioned dealing any prospects to the Padres.

I quite explicitly said buy him for 50 cents on the dollar.   That’s not any riskier than trading half our remaining minor league capital for Nimmo.   In fact, it’s less risky...considerably.  

Or we can just wait for another two seasons for one of our remaining minor league outfield prospects/suspects to figure things out.

Or you just want to throw huge money at Ozuna to play a position he’s not even suited for because Jimenez is already ensconced in LF?

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Can you even read?

Divide that by two?  That’s 50%.

Then the Myers contract for a historical 2 fWAR player at age 28 at least becomes something to talk about.

Or you just want to throw huge money at Ozuna to play a position he’s not even suited for because Jimenez is already ensconced in LF?

Paying him 40 million is still a complete disaster. I'm not sure what you dont understand about will myers but he's bad at baseball in case you were wondering.

You think avisail Garcia is going to sign for anywhere near 40 million this off season? My goodness. He'll be lucky to get 8 million.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I'd be interested in Rodon when he converts to the bullpen.

Back when the problem was his shoulder, our pt said that converting to the bullpen wasn't likely a good thing for his arm. Whether that's still the case now that he has a different arm injury I can't say.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Paying him 40 million is still a complete disaster. I'm not sure what you dont understand about will myers but he's bad at baseball in case you were wondering.

You think avisail Garcia is going to sign for anywhere near 40 million this off season? My goodness. He'll be lucky to get 8 million.

Okay, ban bet.

You predict $8 million, I’ll predict $40 million and whoever’s closer wins.

$24 million is a tie.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Back when the problem was his shoulder, our pt said that converting to the bullpen wasn't likely a good thing for his arm. Whether that's still the case now that he has a different arm injury I can't say.

Whether it keeps him healthy is one thing, but he was pretty effective when he was at 50% slider, in bullpen he’d be nails for 1-2 innings

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Okay, ban bet.

You predict $8 million, I’ll predict $40 million and whoever’s closer wins.

$24 million is a tie.

Why would I ever want any poster banned? As much as your thoughts are out there, at least it's another perspective different than mine and I have value in that.

40 million for avi. Yeesh.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why would I ever want any poster banned? As much as your thoughts are out there, at least it's another perspective different than mine and I have value in that.

40 million for avi. Yeesh.

And yet I was right about Tatis, Robert and Madrigal from the very beginning.

Puig, not so much.

20 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And yet I was right about Tatis, Robert and Madrigal from the very beginning.

Puig, not so much.

Can you post the thread where you were "right" about Tatis. From what I remember, there was only 1 poster on the Future Sox board who was right about Tatis. I think it might have been @Heads22.

You weren't just wrong about Puig. You were as wrong as anyone has ever been about anything, it went on for months, and it was insanely obnoxious.

Edited by TaylorStSox

22 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Can you post the thread where you were "right" about Tatis. From what I remember, there was only 1 poster on the Future Sox board who was right about Tatis. I think it might have been @Heads22.

You weren't just wrong about Puig. You were as wrong as anyone has ever been about anything, it went on for months, and it was insanely obnoxious.

Go through all the threads.

Find one single time I said anything negative about any of those three players...from well before Madrigal was drafted.

You won’t be able to do it.

And if I was wrong about Tatis at any point in the last three years, you’re welcome to point it out.

Frankly, if the White Sox got 18 fWAR out of anyone that Hahn signed...it would be a huge cause for celebration.

Statistically, Abreu has almost the exact same career numbers as Puig, 0.3 ahead of Puig now but five years older.  But that was Paddy and KW.

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Go through all the threads.

Find one single time I said anything negative about any of those three players...from well before Madrigal was drafted.

You won’t be able to do it.

And if I was wrong about Tatis at any point in the last three years, you’re welcome to point it out.

Frankly, if the White Sox got 18 fWAR out of anyone that Hahn signed...it would be a huge cause for celebration.

Statistically, Abreu has almost the exact same career numbers as Puig, 0.3 ahead of Puig now but five years older.  But that was Paddy and KW.

So you right about Tatis when he was a huge prospect? Well, that's dandy. If you're gonna say you were right about him, you better have been throwing shade in the trade thread. I'm sure you'll be able to find some posts. Iirc, there was only 1 poster on the entire board that really liked Tatis at the time. A lot of people didnt want Shields, but it wasn't because they valued Tatis. 

Didn't you say Puig was as good as Mickey Mantle? You went on for months and updated your own thread daily. I have no idea what Jose Abreu has to with that. 

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, TaylorStSox said:

So you right about Tatis when he was a huge prospect? Well, that's dandy. If you're gonna say you were right about him, you better have been throwing shade in the trade thread. I'm sure you'll be able to find some posts. Iirc, there was only 1 poster on the entire board that really liked Tatis at the time. A lot of people didnt want Shields, but it wasn't because they valued Tatis. 

Didn't you say Puig was as good as Mickey Mantle? You went on for months and updated your own thread daily. I have no idea what Jose Abreu has to with that. 

If I was wrong about him the last 24 months, you would have been bringing that up endlessly as well.  

Nobody knew anything about Tatis the day he was traded because he’d never even put on a White Sox uniform in MILB ball.  The only way would be if they were bird dogging him with all the Padres’ scouts out in Arizona that spring.

So I don’t see what the evidence would be, other than BP videos and sprints to 1B.  The problem is that he has grown 2 1/2 inches since then and added even more speed than back then.  At the time, it was a matter of projecting his frame based on his parents/family, his raw arm strength, etc.

His first two seasons, Puig was one of the ten or fifteen best (certainly most exciting/entertaining) players in baseball, but still not close to Trout, who has been comped by nearly everyone to Mantle.

Edited by caulfield12

51 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If I was wrong about him the last 24 months, you would have been bringing that up endlessly as well.  

Nobody knew anything about Tatis the day he was traded because he’d never even put on a White Sox uniform in MILB ball.  The only way would be if they were bird dogging him with all the Padres’ scouts out in Arizona that spring.

So I don’t see what the evidence would be, other than BP videos and sprints to 1B.  The problem is that he has grown 2 1/2 inches since then and added even more speed than back then.  At the time, it was a matter of projecting his frame based on his parents/family, his raw arm strength, etc.

His first two seasons, Puig was one of the ten or fifteen best (certainly most exciting/entertaining) players in baseball, but still not close to Trout, who has been comped by nearly everyone to Mantle.

So now it's 2 years? Don't blame me. You're the one that wants to take credit for Tatis. 

The Puig stuff was batshit, and we told you at the time. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

So now it's 2 years? Don't blame me. You're the one that wants to take credit for Tatis. 

The Puig stuff was batshit, and we told you at the time. 

Sure... everyone knew he would go from two years of being a 6 fwar to a 2.    

Who was predicting that in 2013/14?

29 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you're going to take credit for discovering the greatness of Fernando Tatis Jr way before anyone else, you're gonna have to take an L for Puig. 

If Rick Hahn could actually hit .500 on his talent assessments, the White Sox would be sitting pretty about right now.

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

So now that you've sobered up, you're gonna start crying about me? Get a grip, dick. 

Nice. Don't you have another move? It's the same thing every post. You cry about every post. Say the internet is weird, and then do it again, day after day after day. Apparently, telling people off on the internet makes up for what probably goes on in real life.

Edited by Dick Allen