Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Machado do-over

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dude was an all star with an .800 OPS at age 23. People don't give up on kids when they're age 21-22.

In an era without a juiced ball and with a higher pitcher's mound.  And when he was with the White Sox, he played half of his games in spacious Comiskey Park.

6 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

We have a good shot at having plus hitters at 3rd, SS, 2nd, 1st, LF and CF. We don't need all stars at every position to win. RF is a hole, but not an insurmountable hole. I don't think this team will struggle to score runs in this environment. 

We need as much quality pitching as we can get our hot little hands on.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We need as much quality pitching as we can get our hot little hands on.

They need both pitching and hitting. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they signed 2 pitchers this offseason just to make a couple of the ones that they have available for trade. Kopech goes nowhere. I could see Rodon being non-tendered or moved to the bullpen. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

They need both pitching and hitting. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they signed 2 pitchers this offseason just to make a couple of the ones that they have available for trade. Kopech goes nowhere. I could see Rodon being non-tendered or moved to the bullpen. 

Pretty sure Rodon will pitch for us just enough to prove himself healthy and packaged off.  His agent is just difficult to make a deal with... especially with his health history.  Let some other sucker deal with the Boras crap.

17 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Pretty sure Rodon will pitch for us just enough to prove himself healthy and packaged off.  His agent is just difficult to make a deal with... especially with his health history.  Let some other sucker deal with the Boras crap.

I honestly don't care if they launch him for nothing this season. He's never going to reestablish his trade value anyway. Just move on and gain an extra 40 man spot. Sign Wheeler or Bumgarner to take his spot. Still go after Strasburg too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

40 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I honestly don't care if they launch him for nothing this season. He's never going to reestablish his trade value anyway. Just move on and gain an extra 40 man spot. Sign Wheeler or Bumgarner to take his spot. Still go after Strasburg too. 

Eh, you are probably right but he is under control through 2021.  If it was only 2020, I would agree with your for sure.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Eh, you are probably right but he is under control through 2021.  If it was only 2020, I would agree with your for sure.

He's not coming back until August of 2020. That's not enough time to get anything for him.  He has just enough time to re-establish himself and then hit FA. Launch him. Let someone else deal with the headache. 

Edited by Jack Parkman