8/18 Games

BamaDoc

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty sad that’s still better than Eloy’s current throwing velocity from LF.  Gonna have to address that somehow before next season.

Keep this crap out of minor league threads

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I honestly have no idea what Hahn is thinking.  We’re actually wasting DH at-bats on guys with zero future with the organization.  If it’s me, I’d releasing Castillo ASAP and calling up both Collins & Mercedes and letting them spit DH & C duties with McCann.  I’m also finding a way to get Mendick in the infield mix.  I know that Yolmer is a tremendous clubhouse guy and won’t be released mid-season, but he can definitely ride some pine for the next month and a half.

I can’t argue with you here.  It makes zero sense.  When guys like Yermin and Mendick are already older to begin with, what does their service time matter?  And that’s honestly the only reason to keep them down at this point.  It makes no sense.  Why would you give guys with no Sox future like Goins and Skole playing time instead of evaluating Yermin and Mendick?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I can’t argue with you here.  It makes zero sense.  When guys like Yermin and Mendick are already older to begin with, what does their service time matter?  And that’s honestly the only reason to keep them down at this point.  It makes no sense.  Why would you give guys with no Sox future like Goins and Skole playing time instead of evaluating Yermin and Mendick?

I’m actually ok with Goins getting some playing time (especially while Yoan is out) as he might be a halfway decent reserve IF next year, which is something we’ll actually need with Yolmer playing & pricing himself out of consideration for that role.  That being said, Mendick has a chance to be more of a long-term bench solution and should be getting a look as well.  He doesn’t really seem like he has much else to accomplish in AAA and is already on the older side to your point.

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

My only thought would be for potential post season experience. I don't even know when Charlotte was ever in the playoffs.  Last year I blew off watching them. Lately I'd prefer to watch them over the Sox.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

My only thought would be for potential post season experience. I don't even know when Charlotte was ever in the playoffs.  Last year I blew off watching them. Lately I'd prefer to watch them over the Sox.

I feel like they actually made the playoffs recently with a terrible record

11 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Sox wont call anyone up with Charlotte in midst of a playoff race. However if Charlotte falls out or when they finish their postseason  I am pretty confident Mendick, Yermin, and Collins will all be up to get their cup of tea.

I'm glad they don't.  I'd like to watch something the resembles winning baseball.