18Aug #CeaseDay Sox @ Los Angeles Area Anaheim Angels of Asinine Team Names Gamethread

Tnetennba

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

He really needs to work on that in the off season.

9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Were they trying to find the most talentless hack from SNL?  Cuz they succeeded.

Yes, they did succeed. The game was boring enough without having that drab talk in the booth, and I've never liked self-absorbed entertainers. I don't blame Benetti on the low energy home run call. Nice opposite field power by Eloy as always, but a solo homer in that spot was meaningless. 

Edited by NWINFan

7 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, they did succeed. The game was boring enough without having that drab talk in the booth, and I've never liked self-absorbed entertainers. I don't blame Benetti on the low energy home run call. Nice opposite field power by Eloy as always, but a solo homer in that spot was meaningless. 

Except the rebuild matters now a lot more than team record to most fans.  

If it was Matt Skole or Goins or Castillo...at any rate, Benetti had his 15 minutes of fame on Friday and nobody will care at all about Sat/Sun except hardcore Sox fans.

And the guy Saturday night was fine, albeit he doesn’t have that warm, rich stereotypical broadcasting voice.

2 hours ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Where’s Bill Walton when you need him? Need to inject some Walton enthusiasm into these low energy, cringe SNL dweebs. Why are these guys here again? Didn’t realize there were a lot White Sox fans on SNL and The Office 

I haven't watched SNL since Lincoln was guest-hosting. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Would you mess with his swing? Be careful there. He needs to run out those triples just in case. If I was a player I would be like Eloy, blowing kisses to my mom and running into walls just for fun. I could see 50 HR in a year or two. 

Not going to jump off the Cease bandwagon as he strikes out a lot of people and is still learning and appears to have the 'it' factor when watching him pitch. ... However some of his pitching lines have been pretty average so far.

This series was a bonus really. Sox won one game. Considering the two teams' rosters, that's a moral victory. Anaheim has much better roster.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not going to jump off the Cease bandwagon as he strikes out a lot of people and is still learning and appears to have the 'it' factor when watching him pitch. ... However some of his pitching lines have been pretty average so far.

This series was a bonus really. Sox won one game. Considering the two teams' rosters, that's a moral victory. Anaheim has much better roster.

They have the big names in Trout, Ohtani and Pujols, but their overall roster sucks after the first 5-6 players.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

By the time that homer was hit my energy had left the building as well.