Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tnetennba

18Aug #CeaseDay Sox @ Los Angeles Area Anaheim Angels of Asinine Team Names Gamethread

Recommended Posts

Eloy might have close to 30 bombs if he didn't miss time with injury. He still is likely reaching 30 which is incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, fathom said:

Schur was great last night.  This is painful today.  I don’t care if you’re monotone, but at least know baseball.

Were they trying to find the most talentless hack from SNL?  Cuz they succeeded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caulfield12 said:

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

He really needs to work on that in the off season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Were they trying to find the most talentless hack from SNL?  Cuz they succeeded.

Yes, they did succeed. The game was boring enough without having that drab talk in the booth, and I've never liked self-absorbed entertainers. I don't blame Benetti on the low energy home run call. Nice opposite field power by Eloy as always, but a solo homer in that spot was meaningless. 

Edited by NWINFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, they did succeed. The game was boring enough without having that drab talk in the booth, and I've never liked self-absorbed entertainers. I don't blame Benetti on the low energy home run call. Nice opposite field power by Eloy as always, but a solo homer in that spot was meaningless. 

Except the rebuild matters now a lot more than team record to most fans.  

If it was Matt Skole or Goins or Castillo...at any rate, Benetti had his 15 minutes of fame on Friday and nobody will care at all about Sat/Sun except hardcore Sox fans.

And the guy Saturday night was fine, albeit he doesn’t have that warm, rich stereotypical broadcasting voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Where’s Bill Walton when you need him? Need to inject some Walton enthusiasm into these low energy, cringe SNL dweebs. Why are these guys here again? Didn’t realize there were a lot White Sox fans on SNL and The Office 

I haven't watched SNL since Lincoln was guest-hosting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

Would you mess with his swing? Be careful there. He needs to run out those triples just in case. If I was a player I would be like Eloy, blowing kisses to my mom and running into walls just for fun. I could see 50 HR in a year or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would be great to see Cease take a step forward today.

To Charlotte only because I wonder if Coop is good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to jump off the Cease bandwagon as he strikes out a lot of people and is still learning and appears to have the 'it' factor when watching him pitch. ... However some of his pitching lines have been pretty average so far.

This series was a bonus really. Sox won one game. Considering the two teams' rosters, that's a moral victory. Anaheim has much better roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not going to jump off the Cease bandwagon as he strikes out a lot of people and is still learning and appears to have the 'it' factor when watching him pitch. ... However some of his pitching lines have been pretty average so far.

This series was a bonus really. Sox won one game. Considering the two teams' rosters, that's a moral victory. Anaheim has much better roster.

They have the big names in Trout, Ohtani and Pujols, but their overall roster sucks after the first 5-6 players.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Benetti with the low energy homer call...”once again this one does some damage.”

Get Walton back, lol...and hopefully get Eloy back at least to the .260’s by the end of the year and learning how to use that easy power to pull a few more out down the LF line going into 2020.

By the time that homer was hit my energy had left the building as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×