WSI

WBWSF

Good riddance. In their quest for mainstream acceptance, they decided the board would be subject to heavy handed moderation. So it became a ghost town of mods wielding their internet power and the several ass kissers left that were okay with that. 

Much better Sox communities elsewhere wether it's here, SSS, Sox Machine, etc 

22 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I think I'm the only person to be banned there by request.

Oh there have been a lot of people that were banned by request. More than a few that posted something so outrageous that they had no choice but to ban them.

26 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Oh there have been a lot of people that were banned by request. More than a few that posted something so outrageous that they had no choice but to ban them.

I know of one person who got banned for life who truly deserved it. He truly went off on Jerry Reinsdorf with stuff he couldn't back up. It went past the normal fan complaining and it was totally irresponsible. But merely criticizing the team for the way they do things is normal fan stuff. As I said in one post, they were upset that I started a thread about the Sox not bringing home runners from third with less than two out. If a fan can't talk about something like that, something is wrong. You can still be a fan and not walk around with blinders on.

• Like 1

I was on WSI before I was here, I really don't even know how or why I found it. I spent most of my 20s obsessively posting on sports message boards, that was my thing before social media. I never liked the vibe over at WSI and the mods there really got off on suspending people for the sake of doing it, once I found this place I never looked back. The constant repetitive b****ing that happens here does get annoying at times but that's sports fandom. I just wish I was here during 2005.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, Dick Allen said:

Daver, the guy who apparently was a catcher in high school, and according to him, that made him know more about baseball than any other human being.

So true.  😄

I posted there in 2000 when they were part of Rivals.com, but have only lurked ever since.

I posted at both places for a long time - only suspended at WSI once (remarkable, really).  At some point, I think in the 2007-2010 period, some guys, whom I figured were WSI ex-pats, started a new site.  I think it was Soxinthecity.net or something like that.  It was good site, but fizzled out after a year or 2.

44 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

At some point, I think in the 2007-2010 period, some guys, whom I figured were WSI ex-pats, started a new site.  I think it was Soxinthecity.net or something like that.

Never heard of it.

I used to post on the old Scout.com White Sox boards, but everybody abandoned them.  Towards the end, I was pretty much talking to myself over there.

34 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Never heard of it.

I used to post on the old Scout.com White Sox boards, but everybody abandoned them.  Towards the end, I was pretty much talking to myself over there.

Thank you for doing that. Worst part is that I'm probably still a mod there.

13 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I posted at both places for a long time - only suspended at WSI once (remarkable, really).  At some point, I think in the 2007-2010 period, some guys, whom I figured were WSI ex-pats, started a new site.  I think it was Soxinthecity.net or something like that.  It was good site, but fizzled out after a year or 2.

That group is 2 boards past that site now. Still around though.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, Jack Parkman said:

I got suspended during the first series in 06 because I said it was "inexcusable to lose to the effing Royals" they gave me a 2 week suspension for evading the swear filter. I never got suspended after that but I quit posting there as much. I thought that was beyond ludicrous. 

You would also get suspended for the same thing if you did this f***.  It was evading the swear filter too.

On 8/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, Donaldo said:

So true.  😄

I posted there in 2000 when they were part of Rivals.com, but have only lurked ever since.

Random but probably very little known fact that Daver was one of the earliest Soxtalk admins/mods (before leaving Soxtalk for WSI).  

I used to post there years ago before coming here. They were always ridiculous in their decisions to keep the forum clean and the way they wanted. Over-moderated for sure. I was once suspended for quoting a guy who avoided the profanity filter and I was merely responding to him, sans-profanity. So stupid.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:44 AM, y2chae said:

Good riddance. In their quest for mainstream acceptance, they decided the board would be subject to heavy handed moderation. So it became a ghost town of mods wielding their internet power and the several ass kissers left that were okay with that. 

Much better Sox communities elsewhere wether it's here, SSS, Sox Machine, etc 

You forgot Soxhaps

On 8/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, GreenSox said:

Glad you remember us. That was a fun (very short) period of time.  Hangar is still around, here and there.  That was his board.  The rest of the crew became a bunch of alt-right weirdos and left.  They're probably still making racist memes on Reddit somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, longshot7 said:

Glad you remember us. That was a fun (very short) period of time.  Hangar is still around, here and there.  That was his board.  The rest of the crew became a bunch of alt-right weirdos and left.  They're probably still making racist memes on Reddit somewhere.

This is not true at all. This crew you speak of actually skews quite liberal. 

• Like 1