White Sox vs Twins

TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There are other players we can sign for depth that wouldn't have an ERA over 6 in the first half.

At the very least we should try to add one of those players before settling on Nova.  We couldn’t even get a solid lottery ticket for him two weeks ago, there isn’t going to be a massive market for a guy who doesn’t strike anyone out in the juiced ball era.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Agreed but I think they will aim higher.  Meanwhile, Jose!!!

They have 3 spots locked down, 4 if you count Kopech. They need two more starters at least. And that’s if you believe in Lopez as a starter (I do but I know many don’t). If they splurge on a starter from the Tier 2 group, which are the top guys after Cole, I’d be fine with Nova as the other veteran signing if they use the remaining saved money to upgrade the bullpen and RF.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No shit, and this part of the problem we are seeing when it comes to evaluating players on the Sox. It’s the same as when people were suggesting Tilson could be a future piece.  Just cause they look solid on this god awful team, it doesn’t mean they have any business being on a contending team.

Their SP depth is super thin even with the return of Kopech after Dunning, and they can't count on him until late June at the earliest. Where are they getting this needed depth?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At the very least we should try to add one of those players before settling on Nova.  We couldn’t even get a solid lottery ticket for him two weeks ago, there isn’t going to be a massive market for a guy who doesn’t strike anyone out in the juiced ball era.

And that’s why I believe 1 year ~$6M likely gets it done. That’s cheap for an innings eater with a 4.50 - 4.80 ERA.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Their SP depth is super thin even with the return of Kopech after Dunning, and they can't count on him until late June at the earliest. Where are they getting this needed depth?

Sign someone better...I’m hoping for a high end SP and another SP.  I think they will target a lefty.

Just now, fathom said:

Sign someone better...I’m hoping for a high end SP and another SP.  I think they will target a lefty.

Would you be upset with Bumgarner and Nova signings and then a trade for a guy like Musgrove (Lopez + Walker)? That’s what I’d like to see. Giolito, Bumgarner, Musgrove, Cease, Nova, and eventually Kopech/Rodon/Dunning.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Would you be upset with Bumgarner and Nova signings and then a trade for a guy like Musgrove (Lopez + Walker)? That’s what I’d like to see. Giolito, Bumgarner, Musgrove, Cease, Nova, and eventually Kopech/Rodon/Dunning.

What the hell is wrong with some of you lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I saw you mention Musgrove for Lopez twice today. That seems like selling low on Lopez.  Musgrove hasn’t dominated the NL.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While Abreu’s game is definitely starting to slow down, it seems his immediate demise was vastly overstated around here.  IMO, he can still be a solid piece for the next season or two if used correctly (DHing more than 1B, resting against tough RHPs, not automatically the 3/4 hole hitter).

When he's on one of these streaks...he looks great.  When he is chasing out of the zone he looks like crapola.  I guess that's true of most power guys.

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Better options would be in a rotation somewhere. The Ivan Novas and Ervin Santanas of the world are what you get. 

I’d rather give someone like Wacha who offers some semblance of upside a few million more on a bounce back deal.  He could start next year in the rotation and be in the mix for an extended rotation spot with strong performance and/or an injury to another starter.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And Lopez has dominated the AL? I thought people here love peripherals? Musgrove has a career FIP of 4.01 and xFIP of 4.13.

Musgrove is a nice pitcher, but why add in a prospect with Lopez for him? 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Musgrove is mediocre and has what, two years left of control?  I wouldn’t trade Lopez for Musgrove straight up, much less throw in Steele Walker.

Musgrove has 1 year less control than Lopez. Suddenly, everyone is a huge fan of Lopez? Lol. Had me fooled.

Musgrove is so mediocre that he has the same fWAR as Manny Machado this year. What does that make Machado?