White Sox vs Twins

TheTruth05

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You should probably look up his clutch numbers. Sorry forget what it's called. I 'm pretty sure he is among the best if not the best in the NL (Harper)

Maybe...he's been on my stupid fantasy team all season long and I haven't "felt" him make an impact like, say, Yelich...but it's that selective memory thing, of the 10% of the time I'm actively watching or paying attention, the other 90% gets blocked out.  Cognitive dissonance.

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Goddamn that was one of the best defensive plays the Sox has done all year. Simply awesome play. 

Goins came to the big leagues as a "pure/defense first" SS, so not a huge surprise there.

And Sano's hardly Usain Bolt.

But yeah, great not to just let the runner score there and have another runner in scoring position, likely to score on a 2 out hit and tie the game.   White Sox have nothing to lose...playing to win at this point in the season.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Maybe...he's been on my stupid fantasy team all season long and I haven't "felt" him make an impact like, say, Yelich...but it's that selective memory thing, of the 10% of the time I'm actively watching or paying attention, the other 90% gets blocked out.  Cognitive dissonance.

I don't know if it's xwOBA or what but I heard it on MLB network that he was at the top in "clutch".

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Goins came to the big leagues as a "pure/defense first" SS, so not a huge surprise there.

And Sano's hardly Usain Bolt.

Maybe all true, but watching the Sox defense this year has been like taking a mind altering substance, it's great to see two guys (Goins and Mac) who do everything brilliantly on a play. 

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I was one of his haters...but since he's picked up his pace a bit...he's a different pitchers.  A win tonight would put him at .500 with a team winning at a .447 clip.  He's holding up his end of the deal.  I would like to say Coop fixed him...but even I don't believe that.

Good things happen when you don’t walk guys and throw a lot of ground balls.

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Maybe all true, but watching the Sox defense this year has been like taking a mind altering substance, it's great to see two guys (Goins and Mac) who do everything brilliantly on a play. 

McCann is a steady influence on this team.  That block of the plate while holding the ball with both hands was textbook.  

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When I can't watch the game which is most of the time . I watch the pitch location of the "in play no out" thing on game day and try to guess the results. I guessed right on the Anderson double .

Speed is a wonderful tool.  Robert, Anderson and Moncada have that ability to hit HR's and run like jackrabbits.  Going to drive some teams absolutely nuts.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When I can't watch the game which is most of the time . I watch the pitch location of the "in play no out" thing on game day and try to guess the results. I guessed right on the Anderson double .

Yeah, I remember back in the day following through the old Yahoo Sports gameday stuff.

Now, MLB and MILB.com make it more interesting when you at least have the pitch speeds and location.

Chinese internet still isn't reliable for streaming games...always stops and starts, to doesn't come back after the commercial breaks and have to start over and reload.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Crazy bunting with 2 strikes on a pitch up in his eyes but it worked. Way better than a DP or a K.

Considering it was Yolmer we should definitely be happy it wasn’t one of the latter