Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**2019 "I hate my Fantasy Team" Fantasy Football thread**

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

I got Drew Brees for $2

I REALLY screwed up in my 2nd draft, I knew QB prices were at all time lows and somehow ended up with Rodgers at $10, which I'm really pissed about. I also ended up with Brady for $2, which made it worse, haha. 

QB is at an all-time high right now in fantasy it seems. Just so many options. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I REALLY screwed up in my 2nd draft, I knew QB prices were at all time lows and somehow ended up with Rodgers at $10, which I'm really pissed about. I also ended up with Brady for $2, which made it worse, haha. 

QB is at an all-time high right now in fantasy it seems. Just so many options. 

Yeah I went in hoping to spend all budget on WR/RB then made a terrible decision on TE which screwed everything up

On 8/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, Tony said:

I had mine last night, it’s a 3 person keeper, 12 teams. It feels like everyone went for like 10% higher than what their projected price should be. 

Feel like WR is REALLY deep with sleepers this year, RB not so much. QB also feels really deep. My team ended up like this: 

QB: Baker Mayfield ($11)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins ($70)

WR: Amari Cooper ($41)

RB: James Conner ($6) * Keeper 

RB: Nick Chubb ($6) * Keeper

TE: Hunter Henry ($14) 

FLEX: David Montgomery ($28)

I had a lot of money to play with since I kept two guys for nothing (Conner and Chubb we’re both $1 players last year, we add $5 inflation to any keeper), plus I traded for $23 in cap space last year when I was in rebuild mode, so I could spend more on the guys I wanted. But everyone just seemed a little higher this year. 

My 2 starting RBs are Chubb and Connor as well.

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah I went in hoping to spend all budget on WR/RB then made a terrible decision on TE which screwed everything up

You get caught up in the moment, seems right that very second, then you step away from the board and realize you want that money back. 

Just now, ptatc said:

My 2 starting RBs are Chubb and Connor as well.

Chubb is going to be really interesting come fantasy playoff time, but I think he's going to have a huge year. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Chubb is going to be really interesting come fantasy playoff time, but I think he's going to have a huge year. 

He'll be very good the first 8-10 weeks. It'll be very interesting to see how he's used once Hunt is eligible to return (who I can easily see being the guy coming up big for fantasy teams down the line).

Does anyone by chance pay for any of those premium mock draft websites? 

I have the #9 pick in my 12 team league, and I'm just trying to figure out who I should be looking at taking at #9 and #16 based on what keepers will be gone. We only do 1 keeper and everyone HAS to take a keeper. So some of the top 9 picks in a regular mock will obviously be taken ready. Any "custom mock draft" sites I've seen that let you add in keepers require a subscription.

Anyone know of a free one or have a subscription that can run a mock for me?

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Does anyone by chance pay for any of those premium mock draft websites? 

I have the #9 pick in my 12 team league, and I'm just trying to figure out who I should be looking at taking at #9 and #16 based on what keepers will be gone. We only do 1 keeper and everyone HAS to take a keeper. So some of the top 9 picks in a regular mock will obviously be taken ready. Any "custom mock draft" sites I've seen that let you add in keepers require a subscription.

Anyone know of a free one or have a subscription that can run a mock for me?

We had Michael Thomas 9 and Hunter Henry 16.

Of course, Julio Jones and Nick Chubb were still there at 16.

1 hour ago, knightni said:

Hunter Henry went No. 16 overall? Huh?

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Hunter Henry went No. 16 overall? Huh?

I dunno. This was an autodraft.

3 hours ago, knightni said:

Yea, but I doubt Thomas will be there for me at #9 in this keeper league because I have the 9th pick AFTER an entire round of keepers. Hell, Thomas might even be a keeper. Whoever I get at #9 will probably be someone that goes around 15+ in most drafts, that's why I'm looking to do a custom mock where I can remove the keeper selections

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yea, but I doubt Thomas will be there for me at #9 in this keeper league because I have the 9th pick AFTER an entire round of keepers. Hell, Thomas might even be a keeper. Whoever I get at #9 will probably be someone that goes around 15+ in most drafts, that's why I'm looking to do a custom mock where I can remove the keeper selections

I would go to your predraft and take away 12 players per keeper allowed.

Most likely, players 36+ will be the top available ones if there are two keepers.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, knightni said:

I was really hoping Kelce would be there at #9 for me, but Kelce went #1!! This is of course after 12 keepers, so he really went like #13, but still, guys like James Connor, David Johnson, Hopkins, and Thomas were all still there.

I ended up with Julio Jones at #9. Other guys right at that pick were Mixon, Tyreek Hill, James White, Thielen.

This is my squad....

QB
--
--
+0.2
--
RB
GB
--
--
+4.0
--
RB
Wsh
--
--
+2.9
--
WR
Julio JonesJulio Jones
AtlWR
--
--
+0.3
--
WR
Mike EvansMike Evans
TBWR
SF
--
--
+0.3
--
TE
Evan EngramEvan Engram
NYGTE
--
--
+0.6
--
FLEX
--
--
+6.5
--
D/ST
Jaguars D/STJaguars D/ST
JaxD/ST
KC
--
--
+0.6
--
K
Wil LutzWil Lutz
NOK
Hou
--
--
+1.0
--

TOTALS
--

--
Bench
--
--
+3.3
--
Bench
SF
--
--
+6.7
--
Bench
Det
--
--
+3.3
--
Bench
--
--
+8.3
--
Bench
Buf
--
--
+3.4
--
Bench
--
--
+4.3
--
Bench
Justin JacksonJustin Jackson
LACRB

I fucked up when I started doing my bench, forgetting I took 2 studs at WR, so I ended up taking Emmanuel Sanders and Fitzgerald, when I could have taken Eckler and Pollard respectively. I really wanted Eckler too, but I was reading so many glowing things about how Sanders has looked and I got sidetracked when I saw his name still there at the top of the board.

But other than that, I really like my squad. I feel like I'm obviously light on the RB front, but I could end up with the best QB, best K, top 2 defense, 2 top 10 WRs, top 3 TE. I'm feeling pretty good even if it means I will have to start snagging RBs off the waiver wire. That's always been my strategy anyway.

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Guice or Howard as my RB2 this week in 0.5 PPR. Right now I've got Howard in there.

Guice. I think Sanders is gonna get the majority of touches in Philly, and Washington seems hell bent on making Guice their feature back 

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Guice. I think Sanders is gonna get the majority of touches in Philly, and Washington seems hell bent on making Guice their feature back 

You're not worried about Peterson, Thompson or the Eagles defense?

21 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

You're not worried about Peterson, Thompson or the Eagles defense?

To Peterson and Thompson, no, especially after the reports this week that there's a divide between the Washington FO/coaching staff about whether Peterson should have even been retained. I think Guice is gonna be an 18+ touch per week guy this year, if healthy, and unless their coaching staff is just playing mind games, all their talk lately makes it seem like they're all in on him. 

The Eagles defense is very good but I think Guice will get enough touches to make him a good starting option. My opponent is starting him at RB2 too and I think it's a good move. 

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

To Peterson and Thompson, no, especially after the reports this week that there's a divide between the Washington FO/coaching staff about whether Peterson should have even been retained. I think Guice is gonna be an 18+ touch per week guy this year, if healthy, and unless their coaching staff is just playing mind games, all their talk lately makes it seem like they're all in on him. 

The Eagles defense is very good but I think Guice will get enough touches to make him a good starting option. My opponent is starting him at RB2 too and I think it's a good move. 

Hmm ok. Will have to be a game time decision for me. They are projected for the same amount right now.

Mahomes

McCaffrey

Tarik

Keenan

Boyd

Njoku

Lockett

Browns

Gould

Bench: Kupp, Breiba, Barber, Jags D, Singletary, Brady, Hooper, Jakobi Meyers

Rothlisberger/Wentz

Connor

Chubb

Thomas

Evans

Kittle

Thielen

Steelers

Lutz

Bench: Johnson Jr., Montgomery, Robinson, Walker, Eagles D

I'm fairly happy which means my team will suck.

I helped my neighbor with his team. 10 team league. Here are the starters:

Russell Wilson
Duke Johnson
Kerryon Johnson
Julio Jones
Michael Thomas
Adam Thielen (flex)
Vance McDonald
Kaimi Fairbairn
Chargers D

Thoughts?

Edited by soxfan49

Putting a lot of stock into the David Montgomery train seems to have been a mistake. 

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Putting a lot of stock into the David Montgomery train seems to have been a mistake. 

Eh he'll be fine. Once he gets touches he'll be a solid fantasy option. Starting him week 1 was a mistake though. Luckily I started Robinson and the CHI D/ST too. 

Any good hits and misses today?

Hits:

- Had Lamar Jackson in one league, along with Ingram. Was pumped that worked out week one, but better play may be to just trade for whatever QB is facing the dolphins each week.

Misses:

- Had Tyreek hill in my two leagues. Ouch 

- I deprioritized TE in both leagues, and it’s clear I’ll need to play it aggressively on waivers. Kyle rudolph, woof