Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**2019 "I hate my Fantasy Team" Fantasy Football thread**

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I played Austin Ekeler today. I am quite pleased. 

I loved ekeler last year, ultimately missed him in each draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, Jose Abreu said:

Ended up paying $19 for Montgomery. In a league full of Bears fans I'm surprised I didn't have to go higher. Also got Trubisky for $5 and the Bears D for $6. That was it for my Bears players though, also got Odell, Mike Evans, Mixon, and Aaron Jones. 10 team league. I'm pleased overall 

Needless to say, I lost lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 9 point lead going into tonight with Lindsay still to go while he has Hopkins.  If guys like Big Ben, Conner, etc. didn't shit the bed I would be feeling a bit more relaxed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is set to beat me this week. I started David Mongomery over Tarik Cohen, started Moncrief over J.Brown and had that Andrews TightEnd on the bench for Baltimore, though I have the Raiders TE left to go, as if that's anything for me. And the Bears defense did great, but the scoring in that league really doesn't count defensive numbers worth a damn, as kickers generate more points that even good defenses.

Edited by kwolf68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored most pts in my league! I''m on top of the world! For now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate have my top guys play on Thurs after a Sunday game. IE Run CMC. Ughs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Godwin stole Mike Evans talent apparently. That guy kicked my ass this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was down .20 and only needed one Ertz catch to win. I got it at the last second! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m up 13 with Ndjoku and Browns D tonight but he has Landry and Laveon. Gulp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won by 0.2 points, and it all came down to that Julio Jones 54-yard TD. I needed 58 yards and a TD from him that entire second half, and up until that catch, he had 0 catches in the 2nd half. I sincerely thought I had lost by 4 yards since he got 54 yards and not 58 on that TD.

But I forgot we get +1 bonus for an TD catch over 50 yards. I won by 0.2 😎

2-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two WR spots, two RB spots and a FLEX.

Which five would you start this Sunday?

David Johnson vs. Carolina

Austin Ekeler vs. Houston

Julian Edelman vs. Jets

Brandin Cooks @ Cleveland

Keenan Allen vs. Houston

Calvin Ridley @ Indianapolis

John Ross @ Buffalo

James White vs. Jets

Miles Sanders vs. Detroit

Christian Kirk vs. Carolina

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, knightni said:

I have two WR spots, two RB spots and a FLEX.

Which five would you start this Sunday?

David Johnson vs. Carolina

Austin Ekeler vs. Houston

Julian Edelman vs. Jets

Brandin Cooks @ Cleveland

Keenan Allen vs. Houston

Calvin Ridley @ Indianapolis

John Ross @ Buffalo

James White vs. Jets

Miles Sanders vs. Detroit

Christian Kirk vs. Carolina

 

DJ

Ekeler

Allen

Ross for boom/bust, Ridley for safe floor

 

Kirk in Flex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

DJ

Ekeler

Allen

Ross for boom/bust, Ridley for safe floor

 

Kirk in Flex

Right now, I have DJ, Ekeler, Allen, Ridley, and Ross.

 

Kirk over Ross or Ridley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, knightni said:

Right now, I have DJ, Ekeler, Allen, Ridley, and Ross.

 

Kirk over Ross or Ridley?

I like Kirks Volume alot, he seems to be Murrays safety net. Ridley has looked good these first couple of games. I would go Kirk over Ross, Cincy is bad and I don't trust them outside of garbage time.

Edited by TheTruth05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/2 pt PPR. I've been offered 2 trades...

Larry Fitzgerald + Justin Jackson for David Johnson

or

Larry Fitzgerald + Emmanuel Sanders for Dalvin Cook

 

I actually originally offered that first trade with Mike Evans, but he said he prefers Fitzgerald, but wants to wait until after this weekend to make the deal.

The other guy wants Sanders, which even though I still have Julio and Evans, I don't want to lose both my best FLEX options. So I am trying to convince him to take Justin Jackson or DJ Chark, or even Peyton Barber as the secondary player.

 

Should I just pull the trigger immediately on the Fitz/Sanders for Cook trade? Or try to talk him out of Sanders? Or just wait until the weekend is over and hope the David Johnson guy still wants to make that deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

1/2 pt PPR. I've been offered 2 trades...

Larry Fitzgerald + Justin Jackson for David Johnson

or

Larry Fitzgerald + Emmanuel Sanders for Dalvin Cook

 

I actually originally offered that first trade with Mike Evans, but he said he prefers Fitzgerald, but wants to wait until after this weekend to make the deal.

The other guy wants Sanders, which even though I still have Julio and Evans, I don't want to lose both my best FLEX options. So I am trying to convince him to take Justin Jackson or DJ Chark, or even Peyton Barber as the secondary player.

 

Should I just pull the trigger immediately on the Fitz/Sanders for Cook trade? Or try to talk him out of Sanders? Or just wait until the weekend is over and hope the David Johnson guy still wants to make that deal?

I'd take the Cook trade immediately.  If you have Chark on your bench he has been every bit as good as Sanders this year, if not better.  If you do trade for Cook just be sure to roster Mattison if you can in case he goes down as he has shown to be injury prone in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, SoxFanForever said:

I'd take the Cook trade immediately.  If you have Chark on your bench he has been every bit as good as Sanders this year, if not better.  If you do trade for Cook just be sure to roster Mattison if you can in case he goes down as he has shown to be injury prone in the past.

After trying to see if he would take Chark, or Barber, or any of my other players, and him not backing down from Fitz + Sanders, I eventually agreed to those terms.

......and then he backed out. Of course. Said now that Damien Williams got hurt, he can't afford to trade another RB.

 

Now I just have to wait for the games to play tomorrow to see if the other guy still wants to do the Fitz + Jackson trade for David Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

After trying to see if he would take Chark, or Barber, or any of my other players, and him not backing down from Fitz + Sanders, I eventually agreed to those terms.

......and then he backed out. Of course. Said now that Damien Williams got hurt, he can't afford to trade another RB.

 

Now I just have to wait for the games to play tomorrow to see if the other guy still wants to do the Fitz + Jackson trade for David Johnson.

You need to be far more proactive and use a trade value chart in the future at least as a point of reference:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-3-trade-values-chart-rest-of-season-rankings/amp/

That Cook trade was so ridiculously in your favor you should have never given this clown a second to reconsider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Barkley sprained his ankle. ProfootballDoc is speculating a likely high ankle sprain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You need to be far more proactive and use a trade value chart in the future at least as a point of reference:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-3-trade-values-chart-rest-of-season-rankings/amp/

That Cook trade was so ridiculously in your favor you should have never given this clown a second to reconsider.

Evans having an awful first 2 weeks made me nervous because then my only decent WR would have been Julio. But now Evans put up 190 yards and 3TD. I'm too cautious to ever accept a trade that gets offered to me immediately, it makes me always think there is something I don't know. Clearly I should have just accepted it right away, but if I can still get this David Johnson trade to go through, I'll still be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×