Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

**2019 "I hate my Fantasy Team" Fantasy Football thread**

Recommended Posts

I have 6 teams (yes I am degenerate). By and large, things are going pretty well. 

On one of my teams, a 12 team half PPR, I drafted the following

1) Barkley

2) OBJ

3) Mahomes

4) Antonio Brown

5) Tevin Coleman

6) Derrius Guice 

 

So my 3 RB's are on the shelf and my WR2 is MIA. Woof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 3-0 and destroyed my first 3 opponents. I'm not used to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'm 3-0 and destroyed my first 3 opponents. I'm not used to this. 

Haha I'm also 3-0 and every game has been close (won by 2 week 1, won by .82 week 2 and this week I'll likely win by 5-10 unless the Bears defense absolutely explodes with takeways and TDs). 

Definitely not use to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Haha I'm also 3-0 and every game has been close (won by 2 week 1, won by .82 week 2 and this week I'll likely win by 5-10 unless the Bears defense absolutely explodes with takeways and TDs). 

Definitely not use to this. 

Ummm.... :ph34r: :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy backed out of the David Johnson trade as well..... 😫

Back to the drawing board. I'm 3-0, and leading my league in points, but I've done it all with massive games from certain players. My RB situation is trash. Montgomery, Barber, Justin Jackson, and Jordan Howard. I just need someone to come take this WR depth off my hands and give me a solid RB2 at the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Ummm.... :ph34r: :(

I won by 1.7 this week. Unbelievable. Redskins scoring that garbage time TD late literally saved me. I am also 3-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Woo, Melvin Gordon is back! He was dropped in my league after Week 1, so I picked him up and hopefully he saves my sorry ass RB core.

Nice. Someone dropped him in my league too surprisingly. The guy who picked him up unfortunately had a waiver claim before me (he was 2nd, I was 5th).. and he's also undefeated just like me. It sucks cause I have Ekeler and my only hope is the Chargers trading Gordon (not likely). 

I did pick up Lindsay as he was dropped too. Hopefully Fangio and company uses him like they did last week the rest of the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Nice. Someone dropped him in my league too surprisingly. The guy who picked him up unfortunately had a waiver claim before me (he was 2nd, I was 5th).. and he's also undefeated just like me. It sucks cause I have Ekeler and my only hope is the Chargers trading Gordon (not likely). 

I did pick up Lindsay as he was dropped too. Hopefully Fangio and company uses him like they did last week the rest of the way. 

Where do you guys find leagues like this?

Or are they just like 8 teams?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna pick up Howard yesterday but chickened out cuz I hate playing guys on Thursday night games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, Soxbadger said:

Where do you guys find leagues like this?

Or are they just like 8 teams?

12-team, and it's a money league! Gordon was dropped on a Friday, so I think a lot of people didn't notice and I was able to snag the claim even though I was like #9 on the waiver wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

12-team, and it's a money league! Gordon was dropped on a Friday, so I think a lot of people didn't notice and I was able to snag the claim even though I was like #9 on the waiver wire.

CBS just reported they only plan to play him if they need him, and odds are against the Dolphins they won't need him. They said after this week though he'll get the full load

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna lose cuz I couldn’t get 1 TD from Mahomes. They ran it in 4 times? Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable. Was almost assured I would lose because he had Boyd whose had a very good season so far and only needed 6 points to beat me. Boyd got 4.80 points. I won by 1.72. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up sneaking by because Will Lutz hit 4 FG against my Cowboys.

4-0, and projected for 113 pts this week, which is a TON. And that's without playing Melvin Gordon, who is projected to outscore both my starting RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm up by 28.12 (I'm putting the .__ points up because of my history this season with every fantasy week being close) and he's got Nick Chubb tonight. Could be another potential down to the wire finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I'm up by 28.12 (I'm putting the .__ points up because of my history this season with every fantasy week being close) and he's got Nick Chubb tonight. Could be another potential down to the wire finish.

San Fran's D looks legit this year. I wouldn't be surprised Chubb has an off game. I already won my match in the league I have him in and grateful I don't have to rely on him. 

Also won in my  main league yesterday thanks to the Chiefs secondary paying close attention to Hilton last night, I didn't think I would be writing that this morning but I'll take the dub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to not play Melvin last week and that proved to be the difference as I would have lost otherwise. Snuck by with a 4 point winner. I had no business winning this week, considering I had the 2nd lowest score in the league.  Thanks, Evans and Julio Jones.

5-0 going in to this week with a banged up Mahomes, Engram, and will have to rely on Melvin Gordon with Montgomery on a bye week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Oh, and I guess I'll finally have to play Chark. lol. Going to roll with Evans, Jones, and Chark as my FLEX. Fitzgerald and Sanders on my bench.

I lost by 4 points last week because Evans had 0 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.....I guess I won't be playing Chark this week afterall...I just traded him away. 

I didn't wait for this guy to back out again on the trade. I accepted it immediately. Thoughts?

 

I get:

Dalvin Cook and Travis Kelce

 

I trade away:

Melvin Gordon, DJ Chark, Payton Barber, Jimmy Graham

 

With Evan Engram out for me right now, Kelce will slot in to my TE this week, and Cook will replace Gordon obviously. Then I can use Engram when he gets healthy to trade for a better RB2 than Montgomery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well.....I guess I won't be playing Chark this week afterall...I just traded him away. 

I didn't wait for this guy to back out again on the trade. I accepted it immediately. Thoughts?

 

I get:

Dalvin Cook and Travis Kelce

 

I trade away:

Melvin Gordon, DJ Chark, Payton Barber, Jimmy Graham

 

With Evan Engram out for me right now, Kelce will slot in to my TE this week, and Cook will replace Gordon obviously. Then I can use Engram when he gets healthy to trade for a better RB2 than Montgomery.

These cant be real people. This would be vetoed in my league because theyd think it was collusion.

Anything is possible as Cook/Kelce could both get injured and be worthless, but the people in your league are horrible at life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

These cant be real people. This would be vetoed in my league because theyd think it was collusion.

Anything is possible as Cook/Kelce could both get injured and be worthless, but the people in your league are horrible at life. 

I've always questioned the league(s) he was in for years. Always getting trades that rip off the other guy mostly every post he has here in the fantasy thread. Either that, or his friends are complete idiots who know nothing about the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×