White Sox vs Twins 8/20/2019

TheTruth05

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Great pitch call and execution there.  Nothing like a rolling breaking pitch over the heart of the plate.   This playing baseball by the gut thing is amazing.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Cooper doing a bang up job fixing Lopez.

It’s amazing how the pitching strategy doesn’t change, regardless of the batter or his tendencies.

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

KW and Hahn were sure that the friends and family plan was landing machado.   Meanwhile the twins picked up something better than both Jay and Alonzo.

Yep.  The Twins signed Nelson Cruz for $14 million dollars for this season with a cheaper $12 million dollar team option for next year.  Cruz is currently sporting a ridiculous 1.040 OPS.

Hahn wasted $13 million combined on both Alonso and Jay.  Alonso is long gone and I’m afraid to even look at Jay’s OPS.

Pretty awful.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  The Twins signed Nelson Cruz for $14 million dollars for this season with a cheaper $12 million dollar team option for next year.  Cruz is currently sporting a ridiculous 1.040 OPS.

Hahn wasted $13 million combined on both Alonso and Jay.  Alonso is long gone and I’m afraid to even look at Jay’s OPS.

Pretty awful.

He also got a bargain deal on McCann who is one of the best catchers in MLB this season, offensively AND defensively. I'd say that outweighs those bad signings tbh. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Wait if RR is so anti stats why did he employ a shift.  Should trust his gut and play straight up.  

He literally said he doesn't discount numbers. He's probably just sick of everyone's shit. Yeah his lineups are dumb a lot of times but if I were him Id tell everyone to fuck off at least once this year too. Hes had to face this media since February.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Hey Greg, example 500 on why Abreu is not a good defensive 1st baseman.  That mitt thing that the fielder threw the ball to.  You close that around the ball and if your foot is on the bag its an out.  

He’s so lazy when it comes to shuffling his feet

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

He literally said he doesn't discount numbers. He's probably just sick of everyone's shit. Yeah his lineups are dumb a lot of times but if I were him Id tell everyone to fuck off at least once this year too. Hes had to face this media since February.

Wait, you think the Chicago media is tough on him?  My god, the toughest question he’s had all year is Benetti asking him what the longest road trip he’s ever taken was.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Cry Ricky a river.  He’s getting paid money to manage a game, and to do it well.

Oh wow, he has to answer tough questions by the media...

How about not making such awful decisions and then you won’t get questioned?

He’s a terrible manager and needs to go.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, fathom said:

Wait, you think the Chicago media is tough on him?  My god, the toughest question he’s had all year is Benetti asking him what the longest road trip he’s ever taken was.

How would you feel if you had to be in front of cameras every day and people questioning your decisions, every day, for millions of people to watch and listen to? Idk how the chicago media is tbh i havent lived there in years, but regardless of how they are, i would hate to be questioned like that 7 months straight

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

How would you feel if you had to be in front of cameras every day and people questioning your decisions, every day, for millions of people to watch and listen to? Idk how the chicago media is tbh i havent lived there in years, but regardless of how they are, i would hate to be questioned like that 7 months straight

Really?  He is a manager of an MLB team, this is part of the job description.