White Sox vs Twins 8/20/2019

TheTruth05

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Doesn't Romo throw sidearmed ? Tim probably just doesn't see him well . I would imagine it's sort of like lefties against the old Sale.

I meant just throw him sliders. It's not like he'll walk any. 

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why are things that are predictable never predicted ?

Sox hitters struggling against sliders?  This has been a thing for years.  That’s what my sarcastic “this should be fun” comment was referring to.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

On that 1-2 pitch to Cruz they should throw FB up and in, Instead u get a changeup in.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And then nothing above the belt to Sano. 

You guys may know the analytics on how to pitch these guys but you will never outclass Ricky’s decision-making gut!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Castillo and his PEDs managed to milk $15 million guaranteed out of Hahn.  Between his suspension last year, injuries this year, and overall suckiness without his PEDs, he pretty much robbed Hahn blind.

Yet another awful signing by our GM.

Yup, Hahn should have built a time machine so he could of had the benefit of hindsight prior to making the move...

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

You guys may know the analytics on how to pitch these guys but you will never outclass Ricky’s decision-making gut!

It's not analytics . It's the way baseball has been played for years except for now you can't throw inside because batters get mad about it. But fuck the hitters the pitchers have to do what's necessary to take control of the plate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, Hahn should have built a time machine so he could of had the benefit of hindsight prior to making the move...

Quick, name all of Hahn’s good signings.  McCann...  ummm...

Now, name all of his bad signings.  This one is much easier.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yay, another year of Herrera.  Good thing they overpaid for him last offseason.

He's all kind of out of whack. I think he can be much better . You know how relievers flip flop . Not counting on it of course but it wouldn't be totally unexpected to see him be much better next year.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's all kind of out of whack. I think he can be much better . You know how relievers flip flop . Not counting on it of course but it wouldn't be totally unexpected to see him be much better next year.

Problem is he had all sorts of red flags based on metrics after last year. I don’t disagree that he could turn it around though given the volatility of relievers.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I still am interested to hear how the Sox plan on competing with this Twins team the next few years. Their offensive talent is insane, and they have a lot of open payroll also going forward and arguably a better farm system.

Sox don’t need to win the division to win the World Series.