8/21 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Maybe the rust is finally starting to shake off for Yogurt here...

Maybe no one should have been freaking out about less than a month's worth of DSL games fresh off signing a new contract. Really, no one should give a shit about DSL games in general, but certainly not in this context.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, danman31 said:

Maybe no one should have been freaking out about less than a month's worth of DSL games fresh off signing a new contract. Really, no one should give a shit about DSL games in general, but certainly not in this context.

You don't think that sucking in the DSL has context? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I really like his swing.  

Agreed.  I think he was a very good 2nd round pick.  I see him in RF on the South side in a couple years.  I think his doubles power will play very nicely in the bottom third of the order when we are ready to contend.

I wasn't angry with the pick though I was really hoping for Griffin Conine.  I think he's going to develop into a 20+ HR guy.  He does a tremendous job of staying inside the baseball and he's going to learn what pitches he can drive out of the yard.  It just takes a little time with his approach.  Those doubles are going to turn into home runs.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

You don't think that sucking in the DSL has context? 

It might over a longer period. The point is it took two games for his numbers to go from sucking to pretty decent. If you can do that, there's nothing to worry about. His K rate is low, his walk rate is there (although DSL walk numbers are pretty useless), his OPS is above .800. Good enough for now. Start more serious evaluation next year at a full season affiliate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I really don't see the point in Steele Walker and Will Kincannon not being at AA 

Probably because W-S is about 3 games or so from a playoff spot. I don't agree with it (Getz is way too conservative with promotions, although I'll take his approach there over Buddy Bell) but it is what it is.