Tim Anderson Batting Average

jasonxctf

19 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I can't wait for Anderson to not qualify for the batting title because of the few games where Mendick started over him rather than "Sanchy" 

I swear to god Rick Renteria's #1 priority is making sure Yolmer Sanchez has enough playing time no matter what he's doing at the plate

Granted, Yolmer had a great August though, and will finish the season a 2 WAR player so...

42 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Assuming the Sox play all 162 games, Anderson can miss about 5 games and still qualify.

I'd rather not take the risk of sitting him and then having him get hurt or something with a week left. If he's healthy, he should be in the lineup. 

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If Tim Anderson changed nothing about his defense but for the mental lapses and errors he'd be a top 10 defensive SS. The physical errors will always happen - the mental ones simply can't continue at this rate. 

This game had Timmy range far into the hole for a nice catch then held on to the throw because it was obviously useless.  Wasn't long ago he might have heaved the ball into the stands behind 1st base.  Slowly but surely these guys will learn from each other if the coaches can't teach them.

8 hours ago, WilliamTell said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one following this. The little things that make us sorta happy haha.

I knew he qualified as soon as he hit the home run, but my first instinct was to calculate Lemahieu's exact average to see if Tim passed him. You aren't alone! It gives us something interesting to follow for the next few weeks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I knew he qualified as soon as he hit the home run, but my first instinct was to calculate Lemahieu's exact average to see if Tim passed him. You aren't alone! It gives us something interesting to follow for the next few weeks

The daily watch can begin.

18 hours ago, Tony said:

When White Sox “expert” Jim Margalus went on the radio last week, he cited Anderson striking out a lot and not taking walks as just a bigger part of the problem with the Sox, and does Anderson just add to the problem. 

While I agree I would love to see him be a bit more selective at the plate, the dude is in line to win the batting title as a 26 year old and has made himself one of the faces of the franchise, both locally and nationally. 

Sorry to go down that path again, but what a clown. 

If you told me Jim was Greg I wouldn't bat an eye.  They both have a lot of the same myopic viewpoints despite watching a shitload of Sox baseball.  Good players can have weaknesses.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:47 PM, Tony said:

When White Sox “expert” Jim Margalus went on the radio last week, he cited Anderson striking out a lot and not taking walks as just a bigger part of the problem with the Sox, and does Anderson just add to the problem. 

While I agree I would love to see him be a bit more selective at the plate, the dude is in line to win the batting title as a 26 year old and has made himself one of the faces of the franchise, both locally and nationally. 

Sorry to go down that path again, but what a clown. 

It is a problem though. Maybe not a huge one, but it's a problem. It's going to be tough to repeat this performance from a BA standpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Avi last year and Timmy now chasing batting titles.  Is it possible the Steverson and Sparks know what they're doing?  Wish they would have something to help Engel.  He would be a huge help if he could hit .270.

Be honest with me, are you Rick Hahn?

Edited by Orlando

Tim Anderson is obviously having a breakout offensive season, while routine execution and situational awareness seem to allude him, often (seemingly) at the worst possible times. That said, it is incumbent upon us to (not excuse, but at least, minimally) account for how (comparatively) late Timmy is to baseball. 

How soon we forget... Remember, TA7 was a gifted high school (HS) basketball player who only “Began” playing baseball as a HS junior. Conversely, his (baseball lifer) international and US contemporaries had already been fully immersed (often from time they could walk), in all aspects of baseball (including the rules and culture), for 10 years (or longer) than he had when first taking up the sport.

Given his extraordinary athleticism and work ethic. I have no doubt that TA7 can (and will) continue to refine (and neutralize) the remaining weaknesses in his game. I (for one) am excited (and intrigued) to witness TA7 as he emerges, from this offseason, even if only slightly better at; limiting his aggressive plate approach to pitches in the strike zone, willingness to accept a few more BBs, establishing the correct arm slot (and rhythm) for more consistently executing routine throws to 1B, improved situational on base (and hitting) awareness and execution, etc.

TA7 is neither a typical; 26 yr old baseball player nor a textbook (late blooming) MLB all-star. He is an exciting work in progress, with extraordinary upside in all facets of his game (even as he presently continues to make White Sox games more exciting and as TA7 battles for the AL Batting Title.) 

45 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Who's this premium RF you speak of in this year's class?

By premium I mean competent + type guy.  My leading candidates would be Ozuna, Dickerson or Castellanos.  Arguments could be made for Puig, Avi, Pence, Pederson & Heyward depending on cost and preference for defense or offense.  No perfect candidate... but all of these would be substantial upgrades IMO.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

By premium I mean competent + type guy.  My leading candidates would be Ozuna, Dickerson or Castellanos.  Arguments could be made for Puig, Avi, Pence, Pederson & Heyward depending on cost and preference for defense or offense.  No perfect candidate... but all of these would be substantial upgrades IMO.

The White Sox have -3.5 bWAR in Right Field.  If you believe in WAR, adding a 2 WAR RF improves the White Sox by 5 games or more lol.