White Sox at Twinkees 8/21/19

wegner

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

From a production standpoint, it would be impossible to be critical of abreu if the guy goes 35/120. RBI's dont matter for projection so they have little value on the future, but you can't take away what he accomplished this year regarding run production.

With virtually no protection.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

From a production standpoint, it would be impossible to be critical of abreu if the guy goes 35/120. RBI's dont matter for projection so they have little value on the future, but you can't take away what he accomplished this year regarding run production.

Funny thing is you know if Abreu is a FA this offseason, the Twins will be all over him.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Funny thing is you know if Abreu is a FA this offseason, the Twins will be all over him.

Which is why it’s going to take a 2 year deal to bring him back. I’ve been saying all along, I’m fine with a 2 year/$24M deal. Much more than that and I’m out.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Which is why it’s going to take a 2 year deal to bring him back. I’ve been saying all along, I’m fine with a 2 year/$24M deal. Much more than that and I’m out.

I don’t love the idea of him coming back but it seems it will be happen and there are far worse moves they could make. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t love the idea of him coming back but it seems it will be happen and there are far worse moves they could make. 

They have no better internal options and the external options this winter aren’t exactly great. He’s a steady clubhouse presence and > 110 OPS+ hitters aren’t abundantly available at a low cost.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They have no better internal options and the external options this winter aren’t exactly great. He’s a steady clubhouse presence and > 110 OPS+ hitters aren’t abundantly available at a low cost.

What I don’t get is why isn’t it done yet?

I honestly think the most important take-away from this year is that guys like Gio, Moncada, Anderson, McCann, Bummer and Marshall is not only have they been good...they've been good all year, elite even. They've shown their developments aren't just some fluke. 

Hell, even Leury. He may not be elite, but he is definitely very good. I always thought, all he needs to do is stay healthy and he will open eyes. Well, he's done that, and he's shown what he can do. And he's kept his numbers up all year as well as play solid defense in center, as well as short in Tim's absence.

Edited by ScooterMcGee