White Sox at Twinkees 8/21/19

wegner

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

I honestly think the most important take-away from this year is that guys like Gio, Moncada, Anderson, McCann, Bummer and Marshall is not only have they been good...they've been good all year, elite even. They've shown their developments aren't just some fluke. 

No doubt it’s been a positive year in the majors in terms of development on the field. Just have to keep everyone healthy rest of the way and make some strong moves this offseason.  

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I honestly think the most important take-away from this year is that guys like Gio, Moncada, Anderson, McCann, Bummer and Marshall is not only have they been good...they've been good all year, elite even. They've shown their developments aren't just some fluke. 

Hmmm....do you think Marshall has a future with the Sox?  I guess I just don't think of him when thinking about the future.  That would be tremendous to have another reliable bullpen arm going forward.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Hmmm....do you think Marshall has a future with the Sox?  I guess I just don't think of him when thinking about the future.  That would be tremendous to have another reliable bullpen arm going forward.

Eh, I'm not sure. Bullpens can be such crap-shoots. Happens all over the league. Guys can be elite one year and mediocre the next, then elite again the next. I think Marshall has deserved another shot as a middle reliever next year for sure. Part of the Sox future? Will have to wait and see. I think if anything, the bullpen is going to be the piece that changes the most often, and will be the most high-maintenced part of the team during the winning years once everything else is fairly solidified.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Eh, I'm not sure. Bullpens can be such crap-shoots. Happens all over the league. Guys can be elite one year and mediocre the next, then elite again the next. I think Marshall has deserved another shot as a middle reliever next year for sure. Part of the Sox future? Will have to wait and see. I think if anything, the bullpen is going to be the piece that changes the most often, and will be the most high-maintenced part of the team during the winning years once everything else is fairly solidified.

I get you.  A bad bullpen can screw up an otherwise contending team so any and all reliable arms are important.  He definitely deserves a shot to be in the mix with how he has pitched this year.

Things sure can change year to year such as Politte/Cotts being unhittable in '05 to....bleh.

The ‘ol momentum shift coming this half inning.  If the Twins are going to score, it’s now.

And I could just hear Ron at home shouting at the t.v., why are they speeding up Abreu’s bat throwing all those curveballs...beforevfinally mixing in a pedestrian fastball that must have looked like 95+.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The ‘ol momentum shift coming this half inning.  If the Twins are going to score, it’s now.

And I could just hear Ron at home shouting at the t.v., why are they speeding up Abreu’s bat throwing all those curveballs...beforevfinally mixing in a pedestrian fastball that must have looked like 95+.

1-2-3

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That actually might be the best thing for all parties. He'd take it, and the Sox only would be committed for one year. 

There is no reason to believe the Sox would sign Abreu for only one year. 3-5 years is my hope 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Hell, even Leury. He may not be elite, but he is definitely very good. I always thought, all he needs to do is stay healthy and he will open eyes. Well, he's done that, and he's shown what he can do. And he's kept his numbers up all year as well as play solid defense in center, as well as short in Tim's absence.

Giolito as the #3 next year would be amazing

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Giolito as the #3 next year would be amazing

If they got Cole or Strasburg that could be realistic, however Giolito is outperforming Strasburg this year. Has a better ERA and trails him by 2 K in 12 fewer innings, in a better league. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If they got Cole or Strasburg that could be realistic, however Giolito is outperforming Strasburg this year. Has a better ERA and trails him by 2 K in 12 fewer innings, in a better league. 

Stras and Gio as 1 and 2 would still work well for us if Kopech and Cease give us solid pitching. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Or even better, Cole AND Strasburg 🤑

Won’t happen but they could certainly afford to while still maintaining a below league average payroll.