Sign in to follow this  
Sockin

Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox

I like Abreu, but Moncada is the type of player that you say this about, not Abreu. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I like Abreu, but Moncada is the type of player that you say this about, not Abreu. 

Abreu will cost 5% of what Moncada will in a few years, that's why JR is happy to say this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Abreu will cost 5% of what Moncada will in a few years, that's why JR is happy to say this

I know. Moncada is one of those talents you just can't let walk though. 

If Frank Thomas played a GG 1B do you think he would have stuck around as long as he did? 

It seems like as the years go on JR is doing more and more of a Scrooge McDuck impression. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

After KW cried poor saying the money will be needed for in house talent instead of Machado, they better not fuck this up and resign him

Edited by TheTruth05

I am totally cool with Abreu sticking around, but for the love of Jesus do not over pay the man.  2 years $18M-20M with a $10M team option for a third year is the MAX he should be getting.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Just go year-to-year from here on out.

This is where I'm at. Need to have a way out. 

• Like 1

Well of course JR did. Join the lifetime contract ranks with Hahn, KW, Cooper and apparently Ricky Renteria.  And if Hahn has anything to say about it, Hostetler and Haber too.  And as much as Stone is playing house-horse these days, he's probably close too.

Edited by GreenSox

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Well of course JR did. Join the lifetime contract ranks with Hahn, KW, Cooper and apparently Ricky Renteria.  And if Hahn has anything to say about it, Hostetler and Haber too.

There was never any question.

50 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Just go year-to-year from here on out.

This. I don't want him back at all (only because of how Renteria will handle him) but for a year... it's fine. Anything past two and it's a terrible deal. 

1 hour ago, Sockin said:

I think the gentlemen's agreement is you get to wear a White Sox jersey for the remainder of your career, and we get your services at a hometown discount.  

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Frank Thomas played a GG 1B do you think he would have stuck around as long as he did? 

It seems like as the years go on JR is doing more and more of a Scrooge McDuck impression. 

What does frank thomas defense have to do with him leaving?

He was a first ballot HOF'er. Are you implying he would have left if he was left handed and wore a helmet in the field?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Seems like a wierd thing to guarantee. I'd be disappointed if they overpay for him while cheaping out elsewhere per usual. No need to make guarantees that cause you to lose leverage. 

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What does frank thomas defense have to do with him leaving?

He was a first ballot HOF'er. Are you implying he would have left if he was left handed and wore a helmet in the field?

No, I'm implying that JR might not have paid Frank fair value if he wasn't a horrible 1B and actually had defensive value. 

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What a disheartening two days of asinine comments from the Sox FO.

I saw someone make a comment on Facebook that Ricky is the weak-link of the rebuild (who really expects him here long-term though?). That honor may very well go to their owner.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

I saw someone make a comment on Facebook that Ricky is the weak-link of the rebuild (who really expects him here long-term though?). That honor may very well go to their owner.

There's plenty of stupid to spread around nice and thick that's for sure.

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, I'm implying that JR might not have paid Frank fair value if he wasn't a horrible 1B and actually had defensive value. 

What defensive value did he need to add to his profile that was 1st ballot hof'er. That's as valuable as a player can get really.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What defensive value did he need to add to his profile that was 1st ballot hof'er. That's as valuable as a player can get really.

He really didn't have a market outside of the AL. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He really didn't have a market outside of the AL. 

You're applying 2019 logic to 199whatever.