Reinsdorf assures Ron that Abreu will always be a White Sox

Sockin

Abreu is up to 30 homers and 111 RBIs. Are you bleeping me? Do you folks realize how impressive this is for a team as bad as the White Sox? I'd like to ask somebody if a Jose appreciation thread is appropriate? I think it is. Being that most realize Jose is one of my favorite Sox of all time I probably should not go there and start one lest I get accused of inciting his detractors and put on vacation. So I'd just like to say, 111 RBIs. Albert Belle once had 152 for the Sox which is insane. 30 HRS; Belle once had 49. Jose has earned his paycheck this season, folks.

I hope Jose got a loud long ovation Saturday night for homer No. 30. I'm thinking the fans who go to games appreciate him. It has to be fun to watch him bat when you pay good money for a game. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

Abreu refuses to play DH. Rick and Ricky better lay down the law if he returns

When will you finally admit you’re wrong?

When will you apologize to Abreu, his family, and every white Sox fan in this city for the insults you have heaped on this class act for the past several seasons?

I’m assuming the answer is never on both accounts. 

9 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

When will you finally admit you’re wrong?

When will you apologize to Abreu, his family, and every white Sox fan in this city for the insults you have heaped on this class act for the past several seasons?

I’m assuming the answer is never on both accounts. 

I can understand criticism of a player. I certainly blasted Royce Clayton enough and Adam Dunn. But I don't understand criticism of somebody who has produced. It really makes one wonder what is going on in ron's head? Say what you want about RBIs ... the guy leads the team and league in RBIs. He's over .280 now. He drew three walks yesterday and crickets. He's having an all star season at age 32 on a horrible team. 

I know in a free society you can criticize anybody you want but this reeks of something utterly unfair. Considering all the bad players on this team ... and the guy to attack constantly is Abreu? Makes no sense. We're all worse for having to put up with it cause it adds to negativism in our daily lives. Oh well.

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

Abreu refuses to play DH. Rick and Ricky better lay down the law if he returns

Abreu has played 32 games at DH.  His performance while at DH is very similar to his performance while at 1B.

He may prefer playing the field, but this isn't a guy who refuses to play DH.  Besides, I get the feeling Abreu will play where he's asked to play.

One thing to note about Abreu.  There seems to be quite a bit of talk about the Sox being interested in JD Martinez.  Just off the top of my head, I believe Olney, Steve Phillips and ARod have all mentioned that just within the past few days.  I obviously an OK adding JD Martinez to the mix, but it would need to be strictly as a DH with maybe a few games a month in RF.  That pretty much relegates Abreu to 1B fulltime, and with Vaughn arriving no later than 2021, I don't really know that Abreu fits for more than 1 more season if JD were brought on board.

But, please, for the love of God Sox, don't sign Martinez to be the everyday RF.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

One thing to note about Abreu.  There seems to be quite a bit of talk about the Sox being interested in JD Martinez.  Just off the top of my head, I believe Olney, Steve Phillips and ARod have all mentioned that just within the past few days.  I obviously an OK adding JD Martinez to the mix, but it would need to be strictly as a DH with maybe a few games a month in RF.  That pretty much relegates Abreu to 1B fulltime, and with Vaughn arriving no later than 2021, I don't really know that Abreu fits for more than 1 more season if JD were brought on board.

But, please, for the love of God Sox, don't sign Martinez to be the everyday RF.  

Ken Rosenthal, too. He was the first one

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Been so busy the last few days (helped my parents with some projects on Saturday and had a triple header between my 2 baseball leagues I play in so I've been dead to the world) so I may have missed this. Do you have any links for this?

Edited by soxfan2014

What happened to the title of this thread?

So the thread title was changed without my consent (but with my name still attached)

How was that done?  Why was that done? Was my name put in the title in the third person to hurt my credibility? Antoher attack on my credibility as a poster.  Why and how was this done, again without my consent when my name is attached to the thread?

I'm not very happy about this. 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

Antoher attack on my credibility as a poster. 

Your credibility is in question because you think Abreu is absolutely no good. That's just not true so that hurts your credibility. I mean to attack a guy who leads the league in RBI and except for Albert Belle would be right up there in all time team HRs is downright wrong. Yes your position on Jose hurts your credibility.

Now you could argue my credibility is gone because I opined that a certain player would be a good catcher. Kind of Manny Sanguillen-ish and had the stats that would make him an outstanding all-star catcher. That was before Timmy turned into a .320 hitter. That obviously translates well at shortstop or any position. I did not foresee that coming. I dropped it when called on it so my credibility isn't completely shot.

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Your credibility is in question because you think Abreu is absolutely no good. That's just not true so that hurts your credibility. I mean to attack a guy who leads the league in RBI and except for Albert Belle would be right up there in all time team HRs is downright wrong. Yes your position on Jose hurts your credibility.

Now you could argue my credibility is gone because I opined that a certain player would be a good catcher. Kind of Manny Sanguillen-ish and had the stats that would make him an outstanding all-star catcher. That was before Timmy turned into a .320 hitter. That obviously translates well at shortstop or any position. I did not foresee that coming. I dropped it when called on it so my credibility isn't completely shot.

You're the gold standard for credibility around here greg. I can only hope to garner the respect and have the credibility you have around these parts.

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

What happened to the title of this thread?

So the thread title was changed without my consent (but with my name still attached)

How was that done?  Why was that done? Was my name put in the title in the third person to hurt my credibility? Antoher attack on my credibility as a poster.  Why and how was this done, again without my consent when my name is attached to the thread?

I'm not very happy about this. 

You should hire a lawyer.