Cordell sent down

BamaDoc

I was hoping they send Engel down soon.   It is painful to watch him flail at pitches and strike out , often in key situations or with men on base.

Bring up Luis Robert and Madrigal now.  Maybe the league changes the service time rules over the next 6 years making the little game they are playing  to extend control moot.

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Charlotte needs Cordell for the playoff push...Just 1.5 games behind Gwinnett.

I have an irrational belief in Cordell.  Hope his hit tool improves with regular playing time and we see him sometime in the future.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

I was hoping they send Engel down soon.   It is painful to watch him flail at pitches and strike out , often in key situations or with men on base.

Bring up Luis Robert and Madrigal now.  Maybe the league changes the service time rules over the next 6 years making the little game they are playing  to extend control moot.

I'd assume anyone already in the majors would be grandfathered in under old rules.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I have an irrational belief in Cordell.  Hope his hit tool improves with regular playing time and we see him sometime in the future.

I love his play in right, seems like a good guy, but he and Engel are both 27 years old.  Not impossible, but unlikely either is going to blossom now, unless they go to the Yankees or Dodgers, then they’ll be all stars.

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ve lost most hope in Cordell, but I think it’s absolutely ridiculous we don’t just release Jay and give the younger a look.

For the fan who has stayed loyal to gritting his or her teeth through the rebuild, yes!  Give the “younger” a look every chance you can!

Edited by Thad Bosley

At this point I’d much rather give younger guys PT than Jay (who’s been terrible for awhile), Castillo, Detwiler and Santiago.

Were a little thinner on pitching, but give Kubat a few starts. Try Bernardo Flores. Bring bang Ruiz and Vieria. May as well use these next few weeks to give some guys some looks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Amazing what a difference a lineup can look with just one name added. 

It's so nice having one of the best position players in the sport on our roster. Other than a few one year flashes ('16 Eaton, '14 Abreu, '12 Rios, etc.), I can't remember the last time you could say that about one of our guys. Ordonez/Thomas? 

41 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's so nice having one of the best position players in the sport on our roster. Other than a few one year flashes ('16 Eaton, '14 Abreu, '12 Rios, etc.), I can't remember the last time you could say that about one of our guys. Ordonez/Thomas? 

When they were with the Sox Maggs and Frank were absolutely among the best at their position. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

It definitely goes back to players on the 05 team. I'm sure Konerko and Pierzynski were one of the best players in the sport during their primes with us