Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

8/22 Games

Regardless of sample size, et al, everything about the YS stuff makes me annoyed, but especially that not only did we dedicate half our budget to a 22 year old infielder with a non-projectable offense, but also let him stay in DSL rather than with our full development staff in Arizona to try and give him a head start in the next year.

I mean, the logic that he was going to help as yolmer got more expensive always seemed overstrained, but if it was the case then he needs to be fasttracked. 

But anyway glad he is performing finally against 16 year olds.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Regardless of sample size, et al, everything about the YS stuff makes me annoyed, but especially that not only did we dedicate half our budget to a 22 year old infielder with a non-projectable offense, but also let him stay in DSL rather than with our full development staff in Arizona to try and give him a head start in the next year.

I mean, the logic that he was going to help as yolmer got more expensive always seemed overstrained, but if it was the case then he needs to be fasttracked. 

But anyway glad he is performing finally against 16 year olds.

To be fair, that's probably how we signed him, like Robert. If he turns out to be a productive major leaguer, it's a win.

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

To be fair, that's probably how we signed him, like Robert. If he turns out to be a productive major leaguer, it's a win.

of course that's how we signed him, but giving the luis robert treatment to yolbert sanchez is the questionable part.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

of course that's how we signed him, but giving the luis robert treatment to yolbert sanchez is the questionable part.

Yeah, it's different when a guy is 19 vs. 22. He should be in Kannapolis. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, it's different when a guy is 19 vs. 22. He should be in Kannapolis. 

Hopefully he stays healthy and moves just as fast as Robert did. Even with the injuries, Robert ended in W-S the following season. I see the Sox moving Sanchez the same way. If all goes right, he could be knocking on the door at 24 or 25 which is still very respectable age wise. 

Madrigal BB

Walker BB, SB

Vaughn K'd, but he worked a 14 pitch AB. 

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Good thing he's in Charlotte and Castillo is in Chicago 

Since they don't want him there yet, send Yermin.

9 hours ago, bmags said:

Yolbert 3-4, 2 doubles

Leaving Wilber in the dust.

Wilber went 2-4 with a walk.  Currently hitting ,288

Yolbert is 22, Wilber is 17.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

He should be in Kannapolis. 

Agree.  At this point in time, there's no reason for Yolbert to NOT be in the States, unless it's something similar to what kept Robert in the DSL for the entire 2017 season.

44 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Charlotte is insane right now.  Too bad their pitching would ruin their postseason unless they score 13 runs.

Oh, they will

• Like 1