Tax day 2020

zisk

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Don't want to be too obvious with service time manipulation. 

At this point, could they be more obvious?  But I could see them staggering the call ups for plausible deniability.  So, a month of Ryan Goins as your starting second baseman?

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

At this point, could they be more obvious?  But I could see them staggering the call ups for plausible deniability.  So, a month of Ryan Goins as your starting second baseman?

God no, Have Mendick man the spot until mid April then bring Nicky up. Danny then becomes utility infielder

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Nah, Leury can man second base and give us a similar batting average to what Magical would have those first 3 weeks or so. We wouldn't be getting immediate power anyway. 

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Mendick is an option but I want an already productive player there to start so increase win totals. 

Leury can be the backup OF, Mendick the back INF for cheap. Bounce Yolmer and Goins. The crop of FA second basemen doesn't really jump out this offseason.

Edited by TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Leury can be the backup OF, Mendick the back INF for cheap. Bounce Yolmer and Goins. The crop of FA second basemen doesn't really jump out this offseason.

I want to start Garcia at second and play Yolmer there once or twice a week at most. Garcia can still back up outfield spots if need be. But with the days off and probable rainouts early on, it may not be necessary in April unless we have injuries. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I want to start Garcia at second and play Yolmer there once or twice a week at most. Garcia can still back up outfield spots if need be. But with the days off and probable rainouts early on, it may not be necessary in April unless we have injuries. 

Yolmer is arb eligible, if he is not the starter, he gone.

46 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yolmer is arb eligible, if he is not the starter, he gone.

Yolmer is nothing without this organization. He sucks for the most part, but his antics work here well and can keep him living good for a while. I think he takes a fair deal to keep his good thing going. Anywhere else and he is Carlos again. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's not just one player in the OP, it is two players coming up together on the same day. 

Means absolutely nothing. Players have never come close to winning a service time grevience. An arbiter can not assume intent when readiness is defined differently by every organization or talent evaluator.

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yolmer is nothing without this organization. He sucks for the most part, but his antics work here well and can keep him living good for a while. I think he takes a fair deal to keep his good thing going. Anywhere else and he is Carlos again. 

Yolmer Sanchez, similarly to Gordon Beckham, will not have a hard time finding a job. He will spend 10 years in the MLB because he's defensively talented at multiple positions.

Position versatility as a utility infielder with a + glove across the diamond will always have a spot on some roster. I could be wrong but I would expect Yolmer to be somewhere next year.

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nick Madrigal will be your 2020 starting second baseman for 95% of the year. 

As of right now Madrigal is projected to have a wRC+ of 89 at the MLB level. He would be a 2.5-3.5 WAR player with his defense and baserunning and that offensive output. To out his forecast into context, Luis is projected as a 109 wRC+ player right now in the big leagues. That is amazing by the way because he only has ONE year of success in Steamer and they are still that high on him as a 22 year old. Robert's future is bright.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, zisk said:

Also the day when Madrigal and Robert arrive in Chicago. Throw Collins, Kopech, Vaughn and a couple of promising relievers into the mix.

Shake with ice and serve chilled.

Madrigal and Robert will arrive in Glendale, AZ at the end of Feb.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, soxfan2014 said:

I'd probably make him a lower offer. If he doesn't take it, yeah non-tender him.

Sox will make an offer to retain him in the 4 million area.  First he needs to be released.  Like some people in regular jobs...he's competent but has gotten expensive for his value to the team.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

Sox will make an offer to retain him in the 4 million area.  First he needs to be released.  Like some people in regular jobs...he's competent but has gotten expensive for his value to the team.

Don't talk about me like that. p.s. One time the boss told us he was gonna start paying us what we were worth. Some guy in the back grumbled that he couldn't

make it on that.