Game Thread 08/23/19 - Players Weekend and Cease Day - Rangers @ Sox

BackDoorBreach

• bmags pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Jay's nickname is enough for me to want him gone. 

Love Yolmer dedicating his players name this year to his sons. 

Yolmer is a great guy that can't hit a lick.  Luckily for him he's already made a decent chunk of change and should be able to catch on somewhere next year.  

• Like 1

If the Sox were to ever re-do their uniform selection, I wouldn't hate these black *tops* as their new alternates. The pants would obviously be white however.

I'd like the Reds home whites for the Sox home whites with black lining up the buttons and the regular SOX in the corner how they have it now at home.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

cease has a long way to go until he's a MLB pitcher.

Yep his command is atrocious and he needs to find something that will get lefties out.  Also would be nice if the overrated, lazy pitching coach would go out to the mound and help him once in a while.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

I like how Hahn is preaching waiting on guys who pretty much have nothing to prove in the minors whereas you could argue Cease wasn't quite ready yet and they promote him.

“Could”?  He was struggling to complete the first inning in AAA.

• Like 1

As much as I loved the trade with the Cubs and yes, still do, it should be obvious to Cub fans that neither Cease or Eloy would have contributed anything during their championship window...both of these players will take a while to reach their prime. 

Edited by chisoxt
  • Like 1