Game Thread 08/23/19 - Players Weekend and Cease Day - Rangers @ Sox

BackDoorBreach

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Is the new narrative on Coop that he’s lazy? Jesus. I get if you think he’s out of touch, but lazy? Should he do a mound visit every batter? 

No, but he’s been incredibly slow to get out there when his guys are having clear mechanical issues. Combined with rumblings about his effort (or lack thereof) off the field, and yes...I’m comfortable saying he’s become very lazy and complacent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Is the new narrative on Coop that he’s lazy? Jesus. I get if you think he’s out of touch, but lazy? Should he do a mound visit every batter? 

It’s pretty obvious that he’s extremely out-of-shape and lazy.  It looks like he doesn’t want to get off his ass most of the time.  😂

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No, but he’s been incredibly slow to get out there when his guys are having clear mechanical issues. Combined with rumblings about his effort (or lack thereof) off the field, and yes...I’m comfortable saying he’s become very lazy and complacent.

And guess what?  This is what happens when people have a koosh job for life and are tight with their boss.

There is no threat of him losing his job so he can just coast.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I understand calling up Cease and letting him learn on the go but man, maybe it was a year too early heh.  Hopefully, he goes the Giolito route.

And go back to his high school pitching coach for advice in the offseason 

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If the Sox were to ever re-do their uniform selection, I wouldn't hate these black *tops* as their new alternates. The pants would obviously be white however.

I'd like the Reds home whites for the Sox home whites with black lining up the buttons and the regular SOX in the corner how they have it now at home.

Somebody designed a blue Chicago 70's style jersey that tucks into white pants. Looked pretty cool. Time for a change.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Do you remember when Garland was struggling before he got good? I want to say Contreras too but he was kind of a vet already. He doesn’t jump out at the first sight of danger. He never has. 

1 minute ago, pcq said:

Somebody designed a blue Chicago 70's style jersey that tucks into white pants. Looked pretty cool. Time for a change.

I'd be all about those for the new throwbacks. I'm not sick of the current Sox jerseys by any means but I am sick of the '83 throwbacks

• Like 2