Game Thread 08/23/19 - Players Weekend and Cease Day - Rangers @ Sox

BackDoorBreach

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Time to finish closer to .500. Let these kids start tasting winning and getting closer to play meaningfull games. Let them learn to play spoiler and have fun with it. Have them learn this team ain't gonna be a doormat for other teams and that they are coming for you

Could not have said it better.  Thanks.  Let's end the tanking and start to kick some ass!!  I love the idea of playing a spoiler...make that your playoff push...beat the top talent when you get the chance.

9 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...I know the feeling.  I'm smart enough to know when watching game 160 of bad baseball...in just a few days it will be gone for months and months.  It's a long winter between games.

But then we get several months of free agent speculation.  That is like 6 months of Christmas here at Soxtalk.  Hopefully it's not like last year where most of the presents sucked and all there was to eat was ribbon candy. 😩

At 59-69, the Sox are just 3 wins shy of last year's total.  The rebuild is well on its way. 

If you discount the horrid stretch immediately after the ASG, when the Sox lost 16 of 20 games, they have a record  55-53 in all the other games---that's two-thirds of the season playing better than .500 ball!!. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

At 59-69, the Sox are just 3 wins shy of last year's total.  The rebuild is well on its way. 

If you discount the horrid stretch immediately after the ASG, when the Sox lost 16 of 20 games, they have a record  55-53 in all the other games---that's two-thirds of the season playing better than .500 ball!!. 

Putting Moncada in cleanup has changed the look of the lineup for the better.  Robert and Madrigal added to the lineup make it look absolutely sleek.

Just now, poppysox said:

Putting Moncada in cleanup has changed the look of the lineup for the better.  Robert and Madrigal added to the lineup make it look absolutely sleek.

I wish Ricky would swap Moncada and Abreu. Moncada should hit 3rd and Abreu 4th for this season. 

Just FYI, next year when the Sox call up Robert and Madrigal, I'd line them up like this: 

Madrigal

Robert

Moncada

Jimenez

Abreu

Collins

Anderson

McCann

RF