Getting robbed/what has come of society, etc?

greg775

On 8/24/2019 at 3:13 AM, The Sir said:

That’s why I enjoy living in a state with castle laws, and fully intend to shoot anyone I find breaking in to my house.

Yeah, yeah, maybe you’re just here to steal a few things and not do anything truuuuly nefarious like murder my family. Why should that make a difference? You’re taking the philosophy that should work so that you can have nice stuff.

5.56 is nice. Why don’t you have some of that?

9 and 5.56 for me.  But now only online dealers get my money, not Walmart.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What was the reasoning raBBit?  Apparently this dude was out on bail for threatening police officers with a machete, so it’s pretty inexusable how he got off here.

There really hasn't been any explanation as far as I've seen. Just the court ruling. The story hasn't picked up any media attention so I am not sure the ruling will be explained.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, raBBit said:

Kid that grew up on the same street as me was murdered over his iphone in 2015. Court just ruled his killer will be back on the streets in 2020. Chicago really becoming the beacon for justice. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/West-Side-Man-Charged-With-Fatal-Lakeview-Armed-Robbery-558617491.html

He looks like a fine upstanding gentleman in his mugshot and likely not prone to be a repeat criminal with that evil smirk on his face...

Back to reality, how does a guy get away with involuntary manslaughter after shooting a guy twice in the chest during a robbery?  Did the gun “accidentally” discharge twice into the victim’s chest during a struggle?  If that isn’t the case, Mr. Pitts should be waiting to be strapped to a gurney to receive his final shots or at least be serving the rest of his days in a small, dark cell.  Do you know any of the details as to how he got off with involuntary manslaughter?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

27 minutes ago, raBBit said:

There really hasn't been any explanation as far as I've seen. Just the court ruling. The story hasn't picked up any media attention so I am not sure the ruling will be explained.

I guess that answers my question.  Wow, I would be interested to hear the details on this one.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Here are a couple more articles with more details on the story and the trial ruling:

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/08/lakeview-homicide-trial-ends-with.html?m=1

http://www.beverlyreview.net/opinion/our_opinion/article_3583e232-ce69-11e9-b899-9b171def3d2c.html

Apparently, many of the other charges that would have increased Pitts’ jail time were dropped because prosecutors went all-in on the murder charge.  Also, because the victim O’Malley fought back and Pitts shot him twice in the chest it was involuntary?  Amazing job by that jury...

Edited by Moan4Yoan

On 9/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, raBBit said:

Kid that grew up on the same street as me was murdered over his iphone in 2015. Court just ruled his killer will be back on the streets in 2020. Chicago really becoming the beacon for justice. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/West-Side-Man-Charged-With-Fatal-Lakeview-Armed-Robbery-558617491.html

It's all of Cook County.  We commonly do search warrants on houses where guns/drugs are recovered only to hit the same house within a year where guns/drugs are recovered.

These violent criminals are getting out on I-Bonds (No money) for repeat gun offenses, carjackings, armed robberies, et cetera.  They don't care about getting arrested because they might sit a total of a couple months before they are out again.  Nobody really makes a big deal about this.

There are like ~200 people on Electronic Monitoring for violent crimes, which is another trick the Judges like, that are just missing. Nobody knows where they are, lol.

Couple years back, when I lived in Indy, I left the windows open at the house when I went to work.  We had several retired neighbors that were usually outside, so in the daylight, it was pretty low risk for any property crimes (though those definitely happened in the neighborhood I lived in at the time).  Came home from work and the screen had been kicked in.  Kindle, Wii and PS3 were gone.  But the dog was fine, and neither of the cats had gotten out.  It was a crime of opportunity - the window was open and no one was out, probably a kid (read, teenager), and they were probably in and out in under 5 minutes.  An unfortunate lesson to learn - I definitely keep the windows closed and locked now when the house is empty - but it was just a couple minor electronics, and none of the animals were hurt.  

18 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Back to reality, how does a guy get away with involuntary manslaughter after shooting a guy twice in the chest during a robbery?  Did the gun “accidentally” discharge twice into the victim’s chest during a struggle?  If that isn’t the case, Mr. Pitts should be waiting to be strapped to a gurney to receive his final shots or at least be serving the rest of his days in a small, dark cell.  Do you know any of the details as to how he got off with involuntary manslaughter?

I'll go one step further than you here. Even if that is the case, Mr. Pitts should be strapped to a gurney for final shots. You go out with a gun intending to rob someone, and they end up dead? I don't care if they step in front of a bus trying to get away from your crazy ass- that's murder. You die. And before an internet lawyer comes along to lecture me about intent, I understand intent. I just don't care. If you commit felonies that result in the deaths of innocent people, their blood is on your hands.

On a similar note, I really appreciate states (I think mostly southern, but I'm not sure) where burglars get charged with murder if one of their compadres dies in the act. You break in, I shoot your point man, and his murder is on you. That's the way it should be.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, The Sir said:

I'll go one step further than you here. Even if that is the case, Mr. Pitts should be strapped to a gurney for final shots. You go out with a gun intending to rob someone, and they end up dead? I don't care if they step in front of a bus trying to get away from your crazy ass- that's murder. You die. And before an internet lawyer comes along to lecture me about intent, I understand intent. I just don't care. If you commit felonies that result in the deaths of innocent people, their blood is on your hands.

On a similar note, I really appreciate states (I think mostly southern, but I'm not sure) where burglars get charged with murder if one of their compadres dies in the act. You break in, I shoot your point man, and his murder is on you. That's the way it should be.

Then as a logical extension, we should execute CEOs and politicians who knowingly poison an entire city, no? There are known and unknown long-term effects of lead poisoning. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Seek justice for Flint, MI then. That whole situation is incredibly fucked up. Do some research. It will shock you. 

Wtf dude? He can take exception to one crime of humanity without addressing others. The water in Flint is not relevant whatsoever. No need to obfuscate the thread. 

36 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Wtf dude? He can take exception to one crime of humanity without addressing others. The water in Flint is not relevant whatsoever. No need to obfuscate the thread. 

It's not, but he was making a comment about bad intentions permanently  harming people without necessarily the intent to harm requiring the death penalty, and I was just giving a real life example of something like that. I wasn't trying to obfuscate the thread and it is going to end here. I just made a suggestion for him to look up what happened there on his own time. I wasn't trying to derail the thread at all, just made a suggestion for him to look up what happened. 

Edited by Jack Parkman