And That's a White Sox Winner-8/25/19

bubba phillips

We win 2-0, our 2nd shutout win  in the last 5 games (and 3rd shutout played in that span).  We take 3 of 4 from a poor Texas team.  On the other hand, they have a better record than we do, so maybe we're making progress.  

Not pretty the last 2 games:  5 errors (3 of them by Anderson) and 1-21 with runners in scoring position.  Hey, you can't have everything.  

Nice to see one of these winners threads again. I was wondering if I didn't make them how long it would take before someone else does one. Last 3 wins there wasn't one. I like making them as a chronicling of the win  but thought this late in the season in another losing year that maybe they pon't serve much of a purpose so I stopped. But I do like when the 1st page is filled with 3 or 4 of them.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nice to see one of these winners threads again. I was wondering if I didn't make them how long it would take before someone else does one. Last 3 wins there wasn't one. I like making them as a chronicling of the win  but thought this late in the season in another losing year that maybe they pon't serve much of a purpose so I stopped. But I do like when the 1st page is filled with 3 or 4 of them.

There is no news or drama in positive things like winning. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

There is no news or drama in positive things like winning. 

See other comments in the thread about winning. People complain about not winning and when they win they complain about the players who played poorly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I also want to say thanks for starting this thread. I usually try to find the time to check out the "that's a Sox Winner" thread after every W.  It's just good to see them. 

3 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Jose Abreu tags his 100th rbi. Hes now in second in the AL, and 3 behind Devers for the lead. 120+ rbi season is in striking distance. He will surely top his career high, barring injury.

But we still have to cherry pick on why he sucks. I think it's great he got that many RBIs with the clean up hitter having an avg. only shared by NL pitchers.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They haven't been losing a lot lately.

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well that's my point , they've been winning but no winner threads recently except for this one.Most of the discussion after the game ended was just going on in the game thread.

I'm beginning to many just want to be miserable.  It's interesting the pointless debates during game threads instead of enjoying the game.

22 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

But we still have to cherry pick on why he sucks. I think it's great he got that many RBIs with the clean up hitter having an avg. only shared by NL pitchers.

Jose is batting .279...which NL pitchers are you referring to?