8/26 Games

BamaDoc

19 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Is he a legit contender to be up next year?

I feel like everyone is ready to hand Vaughn and Collins first. Could Sheets force our hand to give him first/DH at bats? 

Hard to say. He will definitely be in AAA next season, but can make some noise. I liked him coming out of Wake Forest. I just have a feeling Sox may try and deal from a position they have alot of (1B types) to fill a need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justinsettle said:

Vaughn is batting .230 in single A...he is a long way from playing 1st in the majors.  Collins deserves a shot but not expecting much from him especially if at first and not catcher.

Take Vaughn's stats with a grain of salt. He's got a low BABIP and a decent K%. The .160 ISO in A+ is a bit concerning though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Hoping he is just tired after longish season.

That's what I think. A 13 K% is actually really good. A .250 BABIP says he's unlucky. Let's see what he does next year before we panic about his power. I learned a lot from jumping the gun on Madrigal last fall. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Hard to say. He will definitely be in AAA next season, but can make some noise. I liked him coming out of Wake Forest. I just have a feeling Sox may try and deal from a position they have alot of (1B types) to fill a need.

I'm wondering when we first see him in RF for a game.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh interesting . Does he have decent speed for a 1st baseman ?

Sorry, I was saying it tongue in cheek due to Abreu-Vaughn-Sheets when Abreu re-signs.

That's if both Sheets and Vaughn pan out. It's like Mercedes at 3rd.

38 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Let's see what he does next year before we panic about his power. I learned a lot from jumping the gun on Madrigal last fall. 

I mean... you literally jumped the gun on Vaughn like a week ago lol. But I'm glad you're learning.

• Like 3

Just now, SoxAce said:

I mean... you literally jumped the gun on Vaughn like a week ago lol. But I'm glad you're learning.

You didn't read that post actually. I said this was the point where I usually would get concerned, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt and want to see what he does in 2020 before jumping to any conclusions. That's what I said a week ago, and that's what I said tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You didn't read that post actually. I said this was the point where I usually would get concerned, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt and want to see what he does in 2020 before jumping to any conclusions. That's what I said a week ago, and that's what I said tonight. 

I read exactly what you said and it wasn't the first time you ripped on Vaughn in prior threads (I know this because I agreed with you about not being a big fan of the pick because of the position) but you take it beyond that. Hell, you ripped on Yolbert Sanchez' DSL numbers before your (usual) backtrack in the same thread.

• Like 5