8/27 Games

BamaDoc

5 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Going to be very intriguing to see how Collins' new swing looks in September.

Wait, is this a thing? He changed his swing when he got sent back down? I have been extremely busy with the new house and haven't been following the minors or this website as much as I normally do recently.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Wait, is this a thing? He changed his swing when he got sent back down? I have been extremely busy with the new house and haven't been following the minors or this website as much as I normally do recently.

Swing and approach. Swing is shorter and faster by a tick, and he's swinging early in the count. Not walking at an insane 20%+ anymore, but 13-15% is still damn good. 

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Weaver 2-3, 2B, 3B, RBI, R

Quietly having a solid year.

Yeah he has been pretty hot last few weeks. You hope to see an offensive jump at some point, but considering how his offensive profile was considered very raw, he has treaded water both years and that sounds more negative than I am on it, considering some of the offensive years by like Abbott or Guerreros year last year.

10 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

So catching position could be set for next 4 seasons. I like that.

Yeah hopefully he can improve enough behind the plate to be a primary catcher. That would help insert a lefty bat in the lineup And would help unclog some of the corner infield depth (if Collins had to move to 1B/DH most of the time). Have a feeling him and McCann are going to spend a lot of time together in the offseason.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Vaughn hitting a lousy .227. @Jack Parkman commented on being disappointed a couple weeks ago and he got jumped on. I'll cut Vaughn slack after a long college season, but still kinda weak debut. 

Kinda where I'm at too. I'm disappointed but not overly concerned.....yet. I do consider this a bit of a red flag but it can be easily overcome by a strong start in 2020. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Guys he has a .243 BABIP and a 13% K-rate, I see zero reasons to complain 

Yeah he's been unlucky, but without watching the games sometimes being a ground ball machine can result in an abnormally low BABIP. That's just sucking. You'd have to watch the games to know for sure. 

30 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah he's been unlucky, but without watching the games sometimes being a ground ball machine can result in an abnormally low BABIP. That's just sucking. You'd have to watch the games to know for sure. 

Just scouting the line score, there have been a lot of line outs.  I still question his wood bat power, but I'm not worried about his ability to hit for average and a ton of doubles.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've seen his swing in clips of games. He doesn"t have a ground ball swing