8/27- Sox vs Twins, 7:10, NBCSC+

flavum

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Praising a team that's on pace for 98 wins seems pretty fair. Not every team can be the Yankees, Astros, or Dodgers.

No shit. We should be so fortunate. 

When it comes to the Sox “sustained success”, let’s start with back-to-back playoff appearances for the first time in team history (yes, I know about 1994).

• Like 2

Just now, flavum said:

Not watching so not sure if they mentioned, two more k’s is 200 for the season for Giolito. Hopefully no more long balls.

I was expecting Giolito to give up at least 3 runs tonight. Facing the same team in back to back starts is hard, especially one with as good of an offense as the Twins. 

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Not pressing the panic button by any means, but his strikeout rate and ground ball rate both alarming right now.

Yeah he has a lot of holes right now. I will be honest, I was expecting him to look a lot better at the plate. His hit tool has been really bad, and just being someone that hits homers and nothing else isn’t very valuable.  He went from someone who I thought would be the key player in the rebuild to being clearly behind Moncada and Robert.  I still love him though, as the Cubs homer was the highlight of the season.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yeah he has a lot of holes right now. I will be honest, I was expecting him to look a lot better at the plate. His hit tool has been really bad, and just being someone that hits homers and nothing else isn’t very valuable.  He went from someone who I thought would be the key player in the rebuild to being clearly behind Moncada and Robert.  I still love him though, as the Cubs homer was the highlight of the season.

I think he might end up being Khris Davis, and idk how valuable that really is. 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

He had a 13% K rate in 228 AAA PA's last season. There was every reason to expect him to come in and be a higher average, elite power, low strikeout guy from the beginning. What we've season this season is that he's a hacker who struggles to elevate the ball on anything middle or below. I'm hopeful the second part can be addressed with a swing change/alteration which is sorely needed.