8/27- Sox vs Twins, 7:10, NBCSC+

flavum

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol you're a riot

What do you mean? It's obvious the talent is there. When I said he could be Khris Davis I meant that as an absolute worst case scenario. That's his floor, imo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Barring what they decide to leave Leury at, I'm willing to bet one of them will be back next year in a utility role.

Here’s the thing...having a reliable bench is very important going forward given the inability of some of these guys to stay healthy. You can’t go into next year with Engel and Yolmer as your back ups.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

oWUuoMf.gif

:rolleyes:

Everybody knows I wasn't as high on Eloy as everyone else. I'm not surprised at all with how bad he's been in the OF. 

Please, tell me why fathom doesn't get half of the shit I do? He's more negative than I am. 

It's too early to make grand declarations like that anyway. 

Eloy's range of outcomes is anywhere from Khris Davis to Eddie Rosario to JD Martinez. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Agreed. But given how far this rebuild still has to go, not everything is going to be solved this offseason. 

True, just don’t want to see Yolmer get 500 at bats again. The infield dirt at GRF can’t take that much pounding.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

True, just don’t want to see Yolmer get 500 at bats again. The infield dirt at GRF can’t take that much pounding.

That's the thing. I actually like Yolmer in a utility role. He gets hated on because he plays WAAAAY too much. Give him 200 PA's or so next season, and I think he would be alot more likeable here. He's definitely one of the smartest players we have. Obviously that means declining that option cause he can not be making that much. If he doesn't like the pay cut... buh bye.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

No one does. Yolmer probably doesn't want to see it. 

But they aren't going to have a perfect, deep roster in 2020. Just not going to happen. Get used to it. 

They better in 2021 though. They still have to compete with the Jankees and Astros. Those two, when healthy are about as perfect as is reasonable in baseball. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They better in 2021 though. They still have to compete with the Jankees and Astros. Those two, when healthy are about as perfect as is reasonable in baseball. 

Moncada, Gio, and Kopech can be gone in 4 years. They better have a damn good roster next season. 

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Moncada, Gio, and Kopech can be gone in 4 years. They better have a damn good roster next season. 

I agree with you but I don't think that it is realistic. Their only hope is to have their pitching get hot in the playoffs. Their roster is never going to be as good as the Yankees and Astros are this year. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I agree with you but I don't think that it is realistic. Their only hope is to have their pitching get hot in the playoffs. Their roster is never going to be as good as the Yankees and Astros are this year. 

Damn good can be accomplished with a few callups and signing a quality RF and DH. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Damn good can be accomplished with a few callups and signing a quality RF and DH. 

I agree.  I have always said that baseball is about depth.  How many AAAA have significant roles on your team.  That’s what sunk the Sale-era Sox.  Get Collins, Robert, and Madrigal up, that’s no at bats for Engel, Yolmer, and Skole/Alonso/Jay.  I call that a good start.  A decent rightfielder completes the puzzle.  Not that hard.