Kansas City Royals Sale

Harold's Leg Lift

21 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

Why would it? They get checks in the mail every year from the profit. 

That's part of the problem, isn't? The team loses but people make money but just sitting back and letting JR run things. A 99-loss season? A 100-loss? Happening in the same decade? Who cares? The money keeps rolling in.  Keep rebuilding. Fine with us.

20 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

How?

1) Harry Caray would have finished his career  with  the White Sox, not on the Northside. Both JR and Einhorn hated Caray and Caray hated them. I always thought JR and Einhorn were jealous of how popular Caray was. I would have signed Caray  up as soon as I got control of the team. He belonged on the Southside of Chicago.

2) Sportsvision was a flop. It didn't do well because the Chicagoland area wasn't wired for cable at the time. I would have waited until the area was wired for cable.

3) The White Sox would be playing in a stadium in the South Loop at Roosevelt and Clark. When JR was looking for a new stadium the City of Chicago wanted to build a stadium at Roosevelt and Clark. JR declined the offer. He wanted to move the team to Dupage County in a stadium where he owned the land. He would have reaped tax benefits at that location even tho the stadium would have been owned by the State of Illinois.  Southside Sox had a very extensive article about  the the South Loop stadium in  column that was written by RobHart780 on November 9, 2012.  Bruce Levine wrote a similar column a few years ago.

4) The new White Sox stadium would have been a stadium that White sox fans would have been proud of. JR changed the original design of the present stadium. He wanted the 2nd level of suites which made the upper deck what it is. The critics savaged the new stadium because of the dreadful upper deck. One of the writers kept calling the upper deck the Reinsdeck. The lower deck is a wonderful place to see a game. The upper deck has ruined the park and it was JRs doing.  I would have never approved this stadium with this upper deck, never. JR should have gotten a kick in his rear end  for messing with the original design of this stadium.

5) The only positive things you can say about JRs ownership is that the franchise has made him nothing but money. The only other positive thing you can say about his ownership is winning the 2005  World Series. Other than those 2  things,his ownership has been a flop.

8 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

1) Harry Caray would have finished his career  with  the White Sox, not on the Northside. Both JR and Einhorn hated Caray and Caray hated them. I always thought JR and Einhorn were jealous of how popular Caray was. I would have signed Caray  up as soon as I got control of the team. He belonged on the Southside of Chicago.

2) Sportsvision was a flop. It didn't do well because the Chicagoland area wasn't wired for cable at the time. I would have waited until the area was wired for cable.

3) The White Sox would be playing in a stadium in the South Loop at Roosevelt and Clark. When JR was looking for a new stadium the City of Chicago wanted to build a stadium at Roosevelt and Clark. JR declined the offer. He wanted to move the team to Dupage County in a stadium where he owned the land. He would have reaped tax benefits at that location even tho the stadium would have been owned by the State of Illinois.  Southside Sox had a very extensive article about  the the South Loop stadium in  column that was written by RobHart780 on November 9, 2012.  Bruce Levine wrote a similar column a few years ago.

4) The new White Sox stadium would have been a stadium that White sox fans would have been proud of. JR changed the original design of the present stadium. He wanted the 2nd level of suites which made the upper deck what it is. The critics savaged the new stadium because of the dreadful upper deck. One of the writers kept calling the upper deck the Reinsdeck. The lower deck is a wonderful place to see a game. The upper deck has ruined the park and it was JRs doing.  I would have never approved this stadium with this upper deck, never. JR should have gotten a kick in his rear end  for messing with the original design of this stadium.

5) The only positive things you can say about JRs ownership is that the franchise has made him nothing but money. The only other positive thing you can say about his ownership is winning the 2005  World Series. Other than those 2  things,his ownership has been a flop.

This is so much meatball nonsense dude.  All extraneous bullshit, none of it would have improved the product in the field but hey harry Carey and a nice stadium yay

You would have made your crown signing two years ago Tyler Chatwood, 

/WBWSF GM 

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is so much meatball nonsense dude.  All extraneous bullshit, none of it would have improved the product in the field but hey harry Carey and a nice stadium yay

You would have made your crown signing two years ago Tyler Chatwood, 

/WBWSF GM 

Tyler Chatwood is 5-2 this year with a low ERA.

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article234467697.html

Interesting the guy already has a minority interest in the Indians.

Also, a new downtown stadium in KC is rightfully not going to happen.

Cleveland got a new place downtown in the 90s along with some great teams. Now they draw poorly with good teams.

58 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

That's part of the problem, isn't? The team loses but people make money but just sitting back and letting JR run things. A 99-loss season? A 100-loss? Happening in the same decade? Who cares? The money keeps rolling in.  Keep rebuilding. Fine with us.

Could be worse. You could be a fan of the Astros when they lost 100 games 4 years in a row a few years ago.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No kidding. No one is forcing people to be a fan. I would think a Cleveland Browns or Tampa Bay Bucks fan would be woese. fan would be worse

Ironically, the last playoff game for both the chicago white sox and the tampa bay bucks was in 2008.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Cleveland got a new place downtown in the 90s along with some great teams. Now they draw poorly with good teams.

KC could get a downtown venue but only temporary attendance boost.  They are a small-market spendthrift.

5 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Notice what the Sox call them. INVESTORS. not owners. 

The sox are a hobby of a (now) very rich businessman. Yes, he wants them to win, but not at all costs. And always HIS way. Rick hopeless got the approval to rebuild because there’s a way to make money off cost certainty, even when fan revenue drops. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ptatc said:

Could be worse. You could be a fan of the Astros when they lost 100 games 4 years in a row a few years ago.

Yes, although these last 11 years haven't been a lot of fun. We will see if the team finally turns it around like the Astros. Just because the Astros found success doesn't mean the White Sox will. We will see what the next offseason will bring.

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Ironically, the last playoff game for both the chicago white sox and the tampa bay bucks was in 2008.

How about cleveland browns? Had to be in the early 2000. I think their last win was in the 90's.

35 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, although these last 11 years haven't been a lot of fun. We will see if the team finally turns it around like the Astros. Just because the Astros found success doesn't mean the White Sox will. We will see what the next offseason will bring.

Nope. but I think it gave them a better chance.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Nope. but I think it gave them a better chance.

I don't know about a better chance, but I am somewhat optimistic. What I am concerned about is the FO finishing the job it started.  It would be nice if they did something creative this off season. Sitting around waiting for young players doesn't cut it anymore. 

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Tyler chatwood is a long reliever getting paid like a starter and he can't throw it across the plate 

but go on

If I was the owner I would not of signed Chatwood. That would of been the job of the GM. I would not interfere with a GM. If I had a successful GM like Larry Himes I would let him run the show.

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If I was the owner I would not of signed Chatwood. That would of been the job of the GM. I would not interfere with a GM. If I had a successful GM like Larry Himes I would let him run the show.

Ok let's get back to the plan of a broadcaster and new ballpark making the team good 

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

I don't know about a better chance, but I am somewhat optimistic. What I am concerned about is the FO finishing the job it started.  It would be nice if they did something creative this off season. Sitting around waiting for young players doesn't cut it anymore. 

I don't particularly want creative. Creative to me sounds like "Hey let's trade 3 guys for Jeff Samardzija, let's trade 3 guys to the Dodgers and then have the Dodgers send guys to the Reds so we get Frazier, and let's trade an international signing we've never seen play for James Shields and we even get money coming back wow what a steal!". 

Just go sign guys to fill the positions we have. Money is the White Sox's biggest resource right now because they have so little committed next year. There's  no reason why they need to trade guys away in creative deals rather than just going out and signing guys for money.

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't particularly want creative. Creative to me sounds like "Hey let's trade 3 guys for Jeff Samardzija, let's trade 3 guys to the Dodgers and then have the Dodgers send guys to the Reds so we get Frazier, and let's trade an international signing we've never seen play for James Shields and we even get money coming back wow what a steal!". 

Just go sign guys to fill the positions we have. Money is the White Sox's biggest resource right now because they have so little committed next year. There's  no reason why they need to trade guys away in creative deals rather than just going out and signing guys for money.

Don't forget giving away precious international slot money for nondescript prospects who will never get out of A ball.