Kansas City Royals Sale

Harold's Leg Lift

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I thought they gave JR two designs, one was the current stadium at 35th and Shields and the other was what would later become Camden Yards in the South Loop. 

How could they? They (HOK)were designing oriole park in 1988, long after the city and state pledged to work together at 35th and shields!

20 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Don't forget giving away precious international slot money for nondescript prospects who will never get out of A ball.

In seasons where they had a severe cap penalty on international signings. It was like a gift card for a store in bankruptcy. You can’t spend it. 

1 minute ago, ewokpelts said:

How could they? They (HOK)were designing oriole park in 1988, long after the city and state pledged to work together at 35th and shields!

That makes sense actually that if they threw that out earlier that they gave the design to JR in earlier years. 

23 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, although these last 11 years haven't been a lot of fun. We will see if the team finally turns it around like the Astros. Just because the Astros found success doesn't mean the White Sox will. We will see what the next offseason will bring.

The astros front office needed a hurricane AND a player revolt to get them to spend money. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That makes sense actually that if they threw that out earlier that they gave the design to JR in earlier years. 

There was talk of them proposing changes after the park  got financing, but chicago’s Infrastructure would not allow a design below grade(street level)  

but make make no mistake  the oriole park design was unique to Baltimore(especially the office building) and was designed after the Sox deal  

On 8/28/2019 at 12:42 PM, poppysox said:

I imagine the team is worth more as a championship caliber team.  This might be the year Jerry feels the all in mentality would be a worthwhile investment.

I'm not holding my breath. A lot has to be done to make me forget last offseason.

2 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

In seasons where they had a severe cap penalty on international signings. It was like a gift card for a store in bankruptcy. You can’t spend it. 

They sold off international money this year to get rid of Nate Jones's contract, with no cap penalties and with an extra 2 years in the penalty box where they could have been preparing. That's a raffle ticket for a diamond giveaway and they gave it away to have someone cover their electric bill. 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, ptatc said:

No kidding. No one is forcing people to be a fan. I would think a Cleveland Browns or Tampa Bay Bucks fan would be woese. fan would be worse

Interestingly, in 2016 the Browns hired Paul DePodesta who was one of the original moneyball guys. In fact, he was who Jonah Hill's character in the Moneyball movie was based on. Apparently the Browns are kind of on the cutting edge of the analytics revolution in football. So a few years from now we might look back at the Browns like the Astros when they sucked but then came to rule the league with analytics.

37 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Interestingly, in 2016 the Browns hired Paul DePodesta who was one of the original moneyball guys. In fact, he was who Jonah Hill's character in the Moneyball movie was based on. Apparently the Browns are kind of on the cutting edge of the analytics revolution in football. So a few years from now we might look back at the Browns like the Astros when they sucked but then came to rule the league with analytics.

The biggest change there is the owner stopped interfering with day to day operations, like Snyder in WSH or Jerry Jones.